Please support your Forums and purchase some Merchandise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News: Read Off-road destination Tips :cup: in Trips Old and Planning!

Please register to join the community and see all of the OzIsuzu Forums
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal

Author Topic: Mars camper trailers  (Read 3218 times)

Offline maxs ss

• LS-U Member
  • Car Type: DMAX
Mars camper trailers
« on: May 07, 2018, 02:13:11 PM »
Im looking at updating my camper trailer and was considering a second hand CUB Brumby or Daintree LE with independant suspension.
My brother recently came back from a trip to Broken Hill and after speaking to various travellers is singing the praises of Mars campers.
Had a look at the Mars site and the Rover or Extremo models look interesting.
Believe they are Chinese made and assembled in Aust.
Does anyone out there have experience with the Mars brand in particular the Rover or Extremo.
My travels will include trips like the Gibb River Road so keen to here from Mars owners.
2016 Dmax LSU, Obsidian grey, Flexiglass canopy, Cargo slide, Thumper elite 110a dual battery, Catch can, Ironman 50mm lift, Ironman bullbar and rear bar, Uniden UHF, Stedi 22" lightbar, 16x8 black rims, 265x75x16 Toyo AT2, Hema HX1, Brown Davis LRT, EDS, Redarc tow pro.

Offline DannyG

• Administrator
  • XRunner Member
    • DannyG.com
Re: Mars camper trailers
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2018, 09:38:12 AM »
I cant comment too much on those particular models but I will say this.

When they first come out (being fully imported) they definitely had their teething problems.

But I recently had a quick look at some Mars campers (again not sure what models they were) at Agfest and they are actually really nicely built now. Im not sure if it is because they are putting them together here or if the Chinese are starting to do them better but they are really good value.

Id own one.

Head over to myswag and ask the same question, you'll likely get some good replies there.
"People will forget what you said, they will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel"

Offline maxs ss

• LS-U Member
  • Car Type: DMAX
Re: Mars camper trailers
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2018, 10:31:17 AM »
Thanks for the reply DannyG.

My brother went to Agfest at Broken Hill.
I spoke to local caravan and camping shop yesterday to find out he is an agent for Mars. He confirmed Mars do manufacture most of the parts in China but are assembled in Aust. The independant suspension is made in Aust. Most other chinese brands are bought into Aust fully assembled. Retailer said he has dealt with other chinese brands but not any more as there are too many problems. He showed me his order book and I was suprised how many there were.
Searching the internet I noticed the model i'm looking at won a major camper trailer award for 2018.
I have found an existing topic on myswag and bumped it along.
2016 Dmax LSU, Obsidian grey, Flexiglass canopy, Cargo slide, Thumper elite 110a dual battery, Catch can, Ironman 50mm lift, Ironman bullbar and rear bar, Uniden UHF, Stedi 22" lightbar, 16x8 black rims, 265x75x16 Toyo AT2, Hema HX1, Brown Davis LRT, EDS, Redarc tow pro.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal