Please support your Forums and purchase some Merchandise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News: Read Off-road destination Tips :cup: in Trips Old and Planning!

Please register to join the community and see all of the OzIsuzu Forums
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal

Author Topic: Generators - Types  (Read 9975 times)

Offline Carlin1983

• LS-T Member
  • Car Type: DMAX
Re: Generators - Types
« Reply #30 on: Feb 06, 2018, 12:12:40 PM »
Ive been out looking at a few - Getting them started etc etc. - I am now leaning towards the Yamaha EF2400iS
2010 D-max LS Hi-Ride - HPD Catch can - EGR Bypass - Donaldson Prefilter - Dobinson Shocks - OME Leaf Springs - Engine Data Scan - Greasable Shackles and Pins.

Offline Carlin1983

• LS-T Member
« Reply #31 on: Feb 12, 2018, 11:02:56 PM »
Bit the bullet - I ended up going the Yamaha EF2800i.  Since it’s mainly for back up, not camping etc. so a little more power then the 2400is But is a tad louder.
2010 D-max LS Hi-Ride - HPD Catch can - EGR Bypass - Donaldson Prefilter - Dobinson Shocks - OME Leaf Springs - Engine Data Scan - Greasable Shackles and Pins.

Offline Carlin1983

• LS-T Member
« Reply #32 on: Feb 20, 2018, 02:07:40 PM »
Guys - is there any sort of “breakin” or “run in” for a new Gen. manual says nothing.
Just to change oil after 1mth or 20hrs.

I’m leaning towards, running it for a few hours at 60% to 70% ish load.  Plus will be a bit of a stress test as well.
Or should I be loading up to near maximum

Offline mydmax2

« Reply #33 on: Feb 20, 2018, 04:05:44 PM »
G'day Carlin
I would run it at about 60% for a while so it beds in the engine parts, maybe towards the end make sure it will easily boil an electric jug ie, 2000w or more and then change the oil. The oil won't be dirty but it takes out any particles of bed in metal etc.

Most don't do this, but after having stopped for a long time in storage I often turn the whole thing (mine EU20i) upside down so the lube oil is on the cylinder walls and som edrains onto the bigend before starting.

I run Mobil 1 in the sump, just what I like to do.
Probably not a good idea to use higher octane unleaded as the engine is designed for just unleaded unless it specifies to do so. The normal unleaded burns quicker and therefore burns more fully. 98 octane burns slower and since the engine hasn't got a sophisticated ign timing it can't take advantage of higher ratings and advancement. If higher rated fuel is used, it can cause the engine and exhaust valve to run hotter as the fuel isn't ignited well in advance as for slower higher octane fuel.  That slower burn is still happening when exhaust valve is about to open or has opened. The burn should be over before the exhaust opens.

A builder did some work for me for a period of time at  house with no power and he used a 2400 Yamaha. It used oil a bit and the engine was getting tired. I serviced it an added M1 it seemed to run quieter and smoother also used less oil in the ensuing weeks doing the same work.

Offline Carlin1983

• LS-T Member
« Reply #34 on: Feb 20, 2018, 04:35:00 PM »
I run it for a hour this afternoon - had to head out - was using a heater and flood lights - Draw was about 2000watt.

Offline Carlin1983

• LS-T Member
« Reply #35 on: Feb 20, 2018, 08:33:02 PM »
Am going to do another hour or so tomorrow as well.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal