Please support your Forums and purchase some Merchandise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News: Our OzIsuzu Forums Merchandise  help keep our forum going! :icon_thumleft:

Please register to join the community and see all of the OzIsuzu Forums
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal

Author Topic: Roadside service  (Read 3042 times)

Offline jx2mad

Roadside service
« on: Dec 15, 2017, 09:15:56 PM »
Whilst I do not want to use this service how good is the Isuzu support?

Offline sdouglas

• XRunner Member
  • Car Type: MUX
  • 2016 MUX LS U . TJM bar, HR towbar, TOYO AT2’s
Re: Roadside service
« Reply #1 on: Dec 15, 2017, 10:58:09 PM »
I’m unsure how it works to be honest. Don’t know if they just subcontract it out to the state specific roadside clubs ( RACQ, RACV etc) I’ve kept my RACQ membership (QLD) because of length of membership benefits.
Cheers Shane
Don’t worry about things you can’t change!

The following users thanked this post: jx2mad

Offline mydmax2

« Reply #2 on: Dec 15, 2017, 11:11:34 PM »
As far as I know, Isuzu has no support system as such and only pass on to a motoring body to assist you at their cost. How far that cost extends to with any company/make of vehicle and how prompt the service is may well be a very good question. I have never had to find out and don't know anyone who has.

Perhaps ask the dealer for actual case histories of such events to gauge what really happens.
Someone on here may have used the service and they can pass on their experience.

The following users thanked this post: jx2mad

Offline Stump

• SX Member
  • Car Type: DMAX
« Reply #3 on: Dec 16, 2017, 01:31:45 PM »
I had reason to use their roadside assist some time ago in small rural town, late on a Sun afternoon. Gave them all the details and they advised me somebody will be there shortly, 10 minutes later NRMA turned up.

Stump

Online 257Bob

• XRunner Member
« Reply #4 on: Dec 16, 2017, 01:58:58 PM »
I’m unsure how it works to be honest. Don’t know if they just subcontract it out to the state specific roadside clubs ( RACQ, RACV etc) I’ve kept my RACQ membership (QLD) because of length of membership benefits.
Cheers Shane

They use the various state breakdown/roadside assistance mobs.  My dealer told me that so NRMA in NSW.  I've also kept my NRMA roadside assistance going for the same reasons.
Baldrick, your breath comes straight from Satan's bottom.

The following users thanked this post: sdouglas

Offline xsm

« Reply #5 on: Dec 16, 2017, 06:43:43 PM »
I had reason to use their roadside assist some time ago in small rural town, late on a Sun afternoon. Gave them all the details and they advised me somebody will be there shortly, 10 minutes later NRMA turned up.

Stump

Your call will also have been answered by NRMA. The call centre operator has a display on their system that shows which manufacturers scheme client is calling depending upon which phone number you've dialled to get assistance and they will answer with the appropriate greeting.

Cheers
Martin

The following users thanked this post: lizard, sdouglas

Offline Peter Hudson

• SX Member
  • Car Type: MUX
  • Huddo
« Reply #6 on: Dec 17, 2017, 04:26:01 PM »
If you are an RACQ member you only have to pay $20 a year to keep your membership. Check it out.

The following users thanked this post: sdouglas

Online JS

• LS-T Member
« Reply #7 on: Jan 28, 2018, 03:19:05 PM »
Locked the keys in the canopy at Point Plomer. If you open the canopy but no doors, the canopy re-locks after 20 seconds or so. Rang RACQ , and an NRMA truck arrived a couple of hours later and all sweet in ten minutes.
The Isuzu deal works well, and with all state motoring organisations.
Have used RACQ a couple of times now and couldn't fault the service. Major problem in Tassie, RACQ just great.
Cheers
Jim
2015 LST Auto, Drifta Drawers, Isuzu steel Bullbar,
Ironman Pro foam shocks, King springs, 30mm lift, Flexiglass canopy, Nilrust spray underbody and in tray

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal