Please support your Forums and purchase some Merchandise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News: Read Off-road destination Tips :cup: in Trips Old and Planning!

Please register to join the community and see all of the OzIsuzu Forums
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal

Author Topic: Consumer watchdog  (Read 4146 times)

Offline Kenny

• LS-U Member
  • Car Type: DMAX
Consumer watchdog
« on: Dec 15, 2017, 07:16:55 AM »
Some very interesting reading about car manufacturers holding back on technical information from mechanics in Australia. Hopefully things change for the better. :occasion14:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-12-14/accc-calls-for-overhaul-of-car-industry/9259910

Offline mux339

• XRunner Member
  • Car Type: MUX
Re: Consumer watchdog
« Reply #1 on: Dec 15, 2017, 09:24:32 AM »
Interesting article, thanks Kenny.

Maybe we as a collective could write to Tony Weber, chief executive of the Federal Chamber of Automobile Industries, and assure him that he is misled if he thinks there is "low level of concerns amongst consumers".

I for one detest the Isuzu Ute Australia approach to openness about technical information relating to their vehicles. We should be permitted to buy and use workshop manuals, just as mechanics, regardless of association, must be able to access servicing and technical information, online or otherwise.
2016 MY15 MU-X LST 4x4 Auto | OEM steel bullbar | OEM snorkel | HR tow bar

Offline tom60

• XRunner Member
  • Car Type: MUX
« Reply #2 on: Dec 15, 2017, 11:01:20 AM »
Part of Tony's job description is to protect the status quo so I'd be amazed if he stated there was a problem prior to it being so obvious that even blind Freddie could see it.

Hopefully the ACCC will force the industry to change.  Car manufacturing is dying in Aust so the industry and govt can't claim they are protecting jobs. 

Offline mydmax2

« Reply #3 on: Dec 15, 2017, 02:58:47 PM »
I think Tony Weber is a bit half baked/cooked if he doesn't know what the real situation is amongst buyers of vehicles. Purely because he is at the top, is the reason he won't have contact with the vital parts of the industry  and buying community.
He is in the business of appeasing all, not looking after all. 
Just another case of mind over matter, all of us have a fairly good idea of who the are minding and who don't matter.
PS, there were more prospective car buyers born today and yesterday too. The supply doesn'seem to stop.

Offline JB4WD

• SX Member
  • Car Type: DMAX
« Reply #4 on: Dec 28, 2017, 03:22:10 PM »
This is the sort of BS that we need to fight. I for one am really annoyed that I can't buy a manual for the DMax and my Mazda CX-9. It also annoys the hell out of me that my local mechanic can't get access to manuals & software updates. If we all wrote to both Tony Weber & Rod Sims telling them of our concerns and encouraged all our friends, workmates & members of other forums we belong to, to do the same we might get changes legislated sooner rather than later. Once again our laws lag way behind Europe & the USA. JB

The following users thanked this post: mux339

Offline jx2mad

« Reply #5 on: Jan 11, 2018, 05:37:21 PM »
I had a problem with my previous vehicle, a T4 VW Caravelle. The electrics between the computer and the auto box failed. The auto electrician said it could not be fixed without a circuit diagram and they were not available from VW. I happened to be a member of the British T4 Club and I obtained the diagram for a small donation to a charity there . I emailed these to the auto elec. who nearly fell off his chair. It was fixed within an hour. Thank heavens for forum members.

Offline reverendbazza

« Reply #6 on: Jan 12, 2018, 06:36:10 PM »
I am with every one else on this thread, just love to buy a workshop manual for my vehicle, but to get a
govt dept to move against manufacturers/dealers who make most of their money after the new vehicle has
been sold. IE genuine parts and so called after sales service would like trying to push the poo up the creek.
                    Cheers Bazza
2015 lsu space cab 4x4 auto
provent 200 catch can,2 micron secondary fuel filter,fosko
egr plate,isuzu motorsport intercooler hoses

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal