Please support your Forums and purchase some Merchandise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News: OzIsuzu Forums... your friendly :hello: place to chat about all things Isuzu.

Please register to join the community and see all of the OzIsuzu Forums
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal

Author Topic: Did it happen to you ? What would you do honestly ?  (Read 5781 times)

Offline maxs ss

• LS-U Member
  • Car Type: DMAX
Re: Did it happen to you ? What would you do honestly ?
« Reply #15 on: Dec 12, 2017, 04:42:17 PM »
Van,it’s going to be very stressful for you the first few times you take it to a shopping center. New cars are like a magnet for shopping trolleys and clowns who don’t know how long their doors are. Good luck with the dealer.
Cheers Shane

Don't live in the city but do visit from time to time. This is a good reason to have running boards on your vehicle so other people open their doors against the boards and not your doors. I also have an Ironman rear protection bar with side bars to the rear wheel arches plus bullbar. Only unprotected area are the front fenders.

Photo showing rear bar and running boards.
2016 Dmax LSU, Obsidian grey, Flexiglass canopy, Cargo slide, Thumper elite 110a dual battery, Catch can, Ironman 50mm lift, Ironman bullbar and rear bar, Uniden UHF, Stedi 22" lightbar, 16x8 black rims, 265x75x16 Toyo AT2, Hema HX1, Brown Davis LRT, EDS, Redarc tow pro.

The following users thanked this post: kgp.j4f

Offline sdouglas

• XRunner Member
  • Car Type: MUX
  • 2016 MUX LS U . TJM bar, HR towbar, TOYO AT2’s
« Reply #16 on: Dec 12, 2017, 05:25:54 PM »
Good idea, but the little dings in my MUX are from other 4x4’s. can tell by the height. It’s a bugger too cause I make sure I’m center of the parking bays so my kids don’t hit other vehicles with our doors. Ah well
Cheers Shane
Don’t worry about things you can’t change!

Offline xsm

« Reply #17 on: Dec 12, 2017, 08:53:12 PM »
I always choose an end spot if one is available and park right on the far edge of it. Then only one side is at risk and it will usually have enough distance with the car parked over on one side. Also, I line up my door mirror with where the door of the car next to me will open to. Better to hit the mirror than the door.

Not one dent on our 29 month old MU-X yet.

Cheers
Martin

Offline mydmax2

« Reply #18 on: Dec 12, 2017, 11:54:22 PM »
maxs ss

How does the runningboards stop people whanging the doors or the front or rear guards? Any similar vehicle will have it's doors at a similar height and will open above the running boards. Maybe not with a mini but most suv and 4wd will be above. I can't see how you think it is protected.

Offline kgp.j4f

• SX Member
  • Car Type: MUX
« Reply #19 on: Dec 13, 2017, 07:52:17 AM »
maxs ss

How does the runningboards stop people whanging the doors or the front or rear guards? Any similar vehicle will have it's doors at a similar height and will open above the running boards. Maybe not with a mini but most suv and 4wd will be above. I can't see how you think it is protected.

I think it's not 100/100 protected ... but it's somehow protected from smalls cars.

All he finds spots with smaller.cars.than.his to park next to them ... :)  :)  :)

Cheers,
Van

Offline maxs ss

• LS-U Member
  • Car Type: DMAX
« Reply #20 on: Dec 14, 2017, 09:33:32 AM »

maxs ss

A couple of photos of my SS commodore next to my Dmax. As I said, my running boards protect my doors and my rear protection bar protects my rear guard. Also when I opened the commodore door against the rear wheel area it hit the tyre and not the guard. I do have 265x75x16 tyres.
2016 Dmax LSU, Obsidian grey, Flexiglass canopy, Cargo slide, Thumper elite 110a dual battery, Catch can, Ironman 50mm lift, Ironman bullbar and rear bar, Uniden UHF, Stedi 22" lightbar, 16x8 black rims, 265x75x16 Toyo AT2, Hema HX1, Brown Davis LRT, EDS, Redarc tow pro.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal