Please support your Forums and purchase some Merchandise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News: Read Off-road destination Tips :cup: in Trips Old and Planning!

Please register to join the community and see all of the OzIsuzu Forums
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal

Author Topic: Did it happen to you ? What would you do honestly ?  (Read 5780 times)

Offline kgp.j4f

• SX Member
  • Car Type: MUX
Did it happen to you ? What would you do honestly ?
« on: Dec 10, 2017, 03:35:50 PM »
Dear All,

We came and checked how my MUX was going with the procedure of fitting all the accessories at the dealer yesterday. The MUX was in very good condition inside. All the seats were wrapped in plastic. All the displays, panels etc had the protection plastic stick covers ...

My wife found on the outside, however,  that there was a scratching mark as big as a grain of corn at the driver front door on the black edge column. And the black paint/film was come off, showing the alluminium base.

We showed it to the salesman and he said he would fix up with a touchup paint . My wife was not quite pleased and happy with the solution and me neither. As it's a brandnew car, everyone will expect the perfect condition before paying the final balance ... Right ?

Somebody here has got any issues at all with new cars purchasing ? And what would you do ? Please...

Cheers,
Van

Offline mydmax2

Re: Did it happen to you ? What would you do honestly ?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 10, 2017, 05:25:44 PM »
One superficial mark is annoyong but equates to being very little.
I would be more worried about the things which you pay for which are called, Checked at Pre elivery, and you pay for but never even get looked at. These are items which you don't see but may not be quite, right but if not correct, could have far reaching efects down the track.

The integrity of the fitting of any accessories would be my concern and I would closely inspect and check tightness of any vital items recently fitted.

There is a thread on here where someones Isuzu bull bar broke, that may well happen , but is far less likely to do so if fitted with correct bolts and tightened properly, ie, the fitter actually had some nouse and the integrity of the fitment was good.

The following users thanked this post: kgp.j4f

Offline DannyG

• Administrator
  • XRunner Member
    • DannyG.com
« Reply #2 on: Dec 10, 2017, 06:47:51 PM »
Van I am not sure where exactly it is that the paint is chipped but if it is as big as a piece of corn and it is back to the metal (aluminium?) on the body work then I would be asking to have it fixed properly.

Having said that, if it is not noticeable and your happy with the 'touch up' when you pick it up then no problems?

"People will forget what you said, they will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel"

Offline Magilla

• LS-T Member
« Reply #3 on: Dec 10, 2017, 07:00:45 PM »
Nearly all imported cars receive some detailing and repairs before sale, if their repair is visible tell them it is not acceptable and have them fix it properly.

Offline Wal

• XRunner Member
  • Car Type: DMAX
  • 2015 DMAX LS-U
« Reply #4 on: Dec 10, 2017, 08:09:20 PM »
or at least ask for a price reduction or some free accessories. :icon_thumleft:
2015 DMAX LS-U Dual Cab Tour Mate l  Venitian Red l  EGR Canopy l  Nudge Bar l Korr Light Bar l Dual Battery l Tinted Windows l Reversing Sensors l Dr Air Compressor l HPD Catchcan l Digoptions Head Unit l Toughdog Shocks

Offline kgp.j4f

• SX Member
« Reply #5 on: Dec 10, 2017, 08:23:02 PM »
One superficial mark is annoyong but equates to being very little.
I would be more worried about the things which you pay for which are called, Checked at Pre elivery, and you pay for but never even get looked at. These are items which you don't see but may not be quite, right but if not correct, could have far reaching efects down the track.

The integrity of the fitting of any accessories would be my concern and I would closely inspect and check tightness of any vital items recently fitted.

There is a thread on here where someones Isuzu bull bar broke, that may well happen , but is far less likely to do so if fitted with correct bolts and tightened properly, ie, the fitter actually had some nouse and the integrity of the fitment was good.

Hi mydmax2,

Yeah, as agreement with the salesman, I will check one by one the pre-delivery check plus all the accessories fitted on the package deal. But the scratching mark is different thing. It's right on facing to me direct to me whenever I open the door. If the touch-up paint is not noticeable then it's Ok ... If not, it will remind me the issue whenever I open the door ... :sad10:

Cheers,
Van

Offline kgp.j4f

• SX Member
« Reply #6 on: Dec 10, 2017, 08:34:53 PM »
Van I am not sure where exactly it is that the paint is chipped but if it is as big as a piece of corn and it is back to the metal (aluminium?) on the body work then I would be asking to have it fixed properly.

Having said that, if it is not noticeable and your happy with the 'touch up' when you pick it up then no problems?

It's right on the edge of the driver front door. On the small black panel on LHS closed to central column of the car body. Yeah, it's quite so deep that I can see shining groove of aluminium plate. He talked about replacing the panel, but changed his mind said about touch-up paint. It's about my eye level height. ATM I'm waiting for the touch-up. If painting colour is not 100/100 matching with the back panel on the back door, then I will ask for replacement of new part  before last payment .

Cheers,
Van

Offline kgp.j4f

• SX Member
« Reply #7 on: Dec 10, 2017, 08:36:16 PM »
Nearly all imported cars receive some detailing and repairs before sale, if their repair is visible tell them it is not acceptable and have them fix it properly.

Yeah , it's my thought atm ... Thanks.
Cheers,
Van

Offline kgp.j4f

• SX Member
« Reply #8 on: Dec 10, 2017, 08:38:01 PM »
or at least ask for a price reduction or some free accessories. :icon_thumleft:

hahaha ... No is it too much to ask ??? LOL ... I'll ask for new part in the worst case.

Cheers,
Van

Offline voids

« Reply #9 on: Dec 11, 2017, 10:07:56 AM »
I would not be accepting a new car with a mark or scratch not acceptable its a new car not a demo or 2nd hand car regardless of what accesories the dealer fitted.

my Patrol was scratched slightly while the dealer fitted accesories pre delivery,   they where going to send it off to the panel shop to get professionally fixed, they where not going to give me the vehicle with a scratch.   ended up inspecting it myself they just agreed to call it even if they threw in some touch up paint and a set of headlight protectors. 
2015 Black MUX LS-T
2017 kia Cerato
1996 Ford LTD
2018 Suzuki DR-650

Offline sdouglas

• XRunner Member
  • 2016 MUX LS U . TJM bar, HR towbar, TOYO AT2’s
« Reply #10 on: Dec 11, 2017, 10:16:49 AM »
Van,it’s going to be very stressful for you the first few times you take it to a shopping center. New cars are like a magnet for shopping trolleys and clowns who don’t know how long their doors are. Good luck with the dealer.
Cheers Shane
Don’t worry about things you can’t change!

Offline maxs ss

• LS-U Member
  • Car Type: DMAX
« Reply #11 on: Dec 11, 2017, 11:35:18 AM »
Van,it’s going to be very stressful for you the first few times you take it to a shopping center. New cars are like a magnet for shopping trolleys and clowns who don’t know how long their doors are. Good luck with the dealer.
Cheers Shane

Don't live in the city but do visit from time to time. This is a good reason to have running boards on your vehicle so other people open their doors against the boards and not your doors. I also have an Ironman rear protection bar with side bars to the rear wheel arches plus bullbar. Only unprotected area are the front fenders.
2016 Dmax LSU, Obsidian grey, Flexiglass canopy, Cargo slide, Thumper elite 110a dual battery, Catch can, Ironman 50mm lift, Ironman bullbar and rear bar, Uniden UHF, Stedi 22" lightbar, 16x8 black rims, 265x75x16 Toyo AT2, Hema HX1, Brown Davis LRT, EDS, Redarc tow pro.

Offline kgp.j4f

• SX Member
« Reply #12 on: Dec 12, 2017, 08:51:25 AM »
I would not be accepting a new car with a mark or scratch not acceptable its a new car not a demo or 2nd hand car regardless of what accesories the dealer fitted.

my Patrol was scratched slightly while the dealer fitted accesories pre delivery,   they where going to send it off to the panel shop to get professionally fixed, they where not going to give me the vehicle with a scratch.   ended up inspecting it myself they just agreed to call it even if they threw in some touch up paint and a set of headlight protectors.

Yes, I agree with you. I'll wait for the touch-up finish to see if it looks like new ... or else.
Cheere,
Van

Offline kgp.j4f

• SX Member
« Reply #13 on: Dec 12, 2017, 08:57:48 AM »
Cheers Shane

Indeed mate LOL ... Stressful feelings when you get some damages from others in public areas  :BangHead:
I don't mind much if I get some scratch or dent after I've the car ... However the brand new car must be in "brandnew" condition when I take it in possession .

Cheers
Van

Offline kgp.j4f

• SX Member
« Reply #14 on: Dec 12, 2017, 09:01:40 AM »
Cheers Shane

Don't live in the city but do visit from time to time. This is a good reason to have running boards on your vehicle so other people open their doors against the boards and not your doors. I also have an Ironman rear protection bar with side bars to the rear wheel arches plus bullbar. Only unprotected area are the front fenders.

Wow ... your car is well-protected ... :icon_salut:  I wish I could do that to my car in the city  :laughing7: ...
Cheers,
Van

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal