Please support your Forums and purchase some Merchandise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News: Our OzIsuzu Forums Merchandise  help keep our forum going! :icon_thumleft:

Please register to join the community and see all of the OzIsuzu Forums
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal

Author Topic: Be warranty aware - new car buyers and pre delivery aftermarket mods/accessories  (Read 14604 times)

Offline Jackofjr

• LS-T Member
  • Car Type: DMAX
just had OEM suspension fitted to my MUX by ARB,   speaking to the guys at ARB they assured me that everything they sell and fit does not affect warranty including the suspension they just fitted to my MUX,  he said that If you break somthing on your vehicle and isuzu claim its directly a result of the After market ARB parts/ accesories then get them to put it in writing and fowaerd it to ARB and they will have to take care of it.

Sorry voids the ARB's blokes were pulling ya leg , just telling you what they thought you wanted to hear .
Anything that has not got a genuine Isuzu sticker/part number will effect the OEM warranty , even if you buy it from and have the dealer fit it .
They will point the finger at the accessory if they possibly can , even if you and everyone else knows it's BS ,
The owner is then between a rock and a hard place, IUA saying not our problem and we don't have to prove it we just need to say so , and the aftermarket mob saying the same .
I have seen it happen time and time again , just take a look at the cracked guard problem , IUA blame aftermarket Bull Bars , Suspension even though completely stock Isuzu's have had the same issue .
My local Isuzu Dealer has a heap of ARB gear in the showroom, they are very happy to sell and fit it for you but when asked about it effecting warranty the answer is yes it does .

Offline jx2mad

My new D-Max had a towbar fitted as part of a package. Seems it is not a genuine Isuzu part. If I tow something and a problem develops is my warranty void?

Offline de-mac

• SX Member
  • Car Type: MUX
Not if the bar was fitted by the dealer.

Offline mydmax2

The dealer has the warranty responsibility, not IUA, since it isn't one of their bars. All issues, if any, rest with the fitting dealer.

Offline JamesMac

• LS-M Member
  • Car Type: MUX
For what it's worth - The dealer that sold me my MUX in WA told me that they make people sign an acknowledgement that a dealer fitted ARB bull bar will void the IUA chassis warranty as they have to drill out some of the mounting holes. 
Didn't challenge on it as I was getting the OEM bar.
JM
Bog standard MY16.5 MUX LSU | OEM Bull Bar | HR tow bar | Milford cargo barrier

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal