Please support your Forums and purchase some Merchandise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News: Read Off-road destination Tips :cup: in Trips Old and Planning!

Please register to join the community and see all of the OzIsuzu Forums
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal

Author Topic: Insurance  (Read 3203 times)

Offline Hopeful

• SX Member
  • Car Type: DMAX
Insurance
« on: Jan 22, 2018, 06:41:09 PM »
Just looking for agreed value insurance for the D-Max. Recently we had the tub removed and a tray & gull wing canopy fitted. We intend to have tow pack, solar panel on canopy roof, 2nd battery, radio and few other bits & pieces fitted. We currently have insurance with QBE but adding the accessories will not increase the value of the vehicle and they do not have agreed value. Looking for recommendations, currently looking at Allianz but have read on another forum that Shannons are worth a look. We will be using the vehicle as a tourer not off roading as such.

Offline Jackofjr

• LS-T Member
Re: Insurance
« Reply #1 on: Jan 22, 2018, 06:50:30 PM »
Check out Club 4x4 insurance.

Offline wotmate

• SX Member
  • 2017 Dmax LSU Tourpack
« Reply #2 on: Jan 22, 2018, 07:14:46 PM »
I got lifetime new for old replacement on mine with a value of $60k with Suncorp.  Tis about $1k per year.

Offline xsm

« Reply #3 on: Jan 22, 2018, 09:52:55 PM »
I noted a recent post in a Facebook group. The person was with Club 4X4 and received a letter prior to the policy expiry date informing them that they were not going to allow the renewal of the policy due to a claim being made.

The claim was for minor damage which totalled only $100 more than the excess. Club 4X4 also made making the claim difficult.

The problem with having the renewal refused is that that is a question often asked when taking out a new policy with any company; "have you ever had insurance declined or refused". It's just not something you need to have on your record.

Cheers
Martin

Offline DannyG

• Administrator
  • XRunner Member
    • DannyG.com
« Reply #4 on: Jan 23, 2018, 09:09:27 AM »
I noted a recent post in a Facebook group. The person was with Club 4X4 and received a letter prior to the policy expiry date informing them that they were not going to allow the renewal of the policy due to a claim being made.

The claim was for minor damage which totalled only $100 more than the excess. Club 4X4 also made making the claim difficult.

The problem with having the renewal refused is that that is a question often asked when taking out a new policy with any company; "have you ever had insurance declined or refused". It's just not something you need to have on your record.

Cheers
Martin

Thanks for the info Martin. Not that I was ever going to use them but its good for those that are considering them.
I have always played it safe with insurance and no doubt pay a premium because I use one of the big reputable players.
Not once have I had an issue with a claim, not with minor damage, house contents type claims, damage while in the bush 4wd'ing, not anything.
"People will forget what you said, they will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel"

Offline xsm

« Reply #5 on: Jan 23, 2018, 10:45:53 AM »
Yep, I have always used one of the majors too. I find the premiums quite competitive and they still cover all the accessories too.  Not sure how they go with claims when you're out bush, never tested them on that. Have had 2 not at fault claims (wife and son :) have both been rear ended, not in the Isuzu's though) and all went smoothly.

For the last 20 odd years I have always opted for the highest possible excess. From memory my excess on the Isuzu's is $2175. I figure that if we have an accident, it wont be our fault because we're pretty conservative with our driving styles......and if it's not your fault you don't pay the excess. Taking a chance with animal strike or theft but we are thousands in-front by having done this. This cuts the premium to a bit over half. With 2 X 50 year old drivers and maximum no claim discount we pay $360 per year on the MU-X with agreed value of $43,000.

Cheers
Martin

Offline Hopeful

• SX Member
« Reply #6 on: Jan 24, 2018, 09:43:58 PM »
Thank you for your replies. Tried calling Allianz, 40 mins on hold so gave up does not give a lot of confidence when you are trying to buy a policy, hate to think what contacting them for a claim would be like. Tried RAA but they don't do agreed value. I had seen a couple of negative reports about Club 4x4. We will keep looking Max will stay in the drive for now.
Cheers,
Judy

Offline maxs ss

• LS-U Member
« Reply #7 on: Jan 24, 2018, 11:43:36 PM »
I have a quote from Shannons and theirs is agreed value.
Currently insured with RAA and their policy states ..sum insured $ or market value, which ever is the greatest.
RAA takes no considerations for the valve of any extras (My case $15000 worth but you have to list them). I gather in a write off situation they would claim the extras even though RAA dont increase the sum insured.
When im in Adelaide next I will visit the head office of RAA and also Shannons.
By the way....my premium is $414 with an excess of $500 which is a good deal but I am a 25+ year member with multiply policies.
2016 Dmax LSU, Obsidian grey, Flexiglass canopy, Cargo slide, Thumper elite 110a dual battery, Catch can, Ironman 50mm lift, Ironman bullbar and rear bar, Uniden UHF, Stedi 22" lightbar, 16x8 black rims, 265x75x16 Toyo AT2, Hema HX1, Brown Davis LRT, EDS, Redarc tow pro.

Offline Hopeful

• SX Member
« Reply #8 on: Jan 25, 2018, 03:52:05 PM »
We were able to get a policy with Suncorp (thanks Wotmate for suggestion) covered for $57K so happy with that as RAA would only cover us to $40k  :headbang: now we can get on with the build.
Cheers!

Offline maxs ss

• LS-U Member
« Reply #9 on: Jan 25, 2018, 04:00:03 PM »
We were able to get a policy with Suncorp (thanks Wotmate for suggestion) covered for $57K so happy with that as RAA would only cover us to $40k  :headbang: now we can get on with the build.
Cheers!

Good info. Can you give us a premium cost and excess amount as a guide as I am not happy with RAAs attitude to sum insured also.
2016 Dmax LSU, Obsidian grey, Flexiglass canopy, Cargo slide, Thumper elite 110a dual battery, Catch can, Ironman 50mm lift, Ironman bullbar and rear bar, Uniden UHF, Stedi 22" lightbar, 16x8 black rims, 265x75x16 Toyo AT2, Hema HX1, Brown Davis LRT, EDS, Redarc tow pro.

Offline Hopeful

• SX Member
« Reply #10 on: Jan 26, 2018, 12:10:29 AM »
I checked the confirmation email I received :BangHead: I quoted the incorrect insured amount. The premium with Suncorp is $877.40 for $45k with a $500 excess, though you can select various amounts of excess to suit. Which is about the same we are paying QBE for $36k. When we finish the build we have the option to increase the value upto $57k & didn't have to list accessories. So pretty happy with that.

Offline sdouglas

• XRunner Member
  • Car Type: MUX
  • 2016 MUX LS U . TJM bar, HR towbar, TOYO AT2’s
« Reply #11 on: Jan 26, 2018, 12:56:45 AM »
After cyclone Yasi went through North Qld, QBE had one of the worst reputations for honouring claims. Youi insurance was also refusing to insure many people in the region also.
Cheers Shane
Don’t worry about things you can’t change!

Offline MuxGuys

• LS-T Member
« Reply #12 on: Jan 26, 2018, 03:59:22 PM »
A few years ago we had our heavily moded L/Crusier with DGA Insurance Brokers....All Accessories covered and full Off-Road coverage.

Worth looking into if they still exist  :icon_thumleft:

cheers

Offline tom60

• XRunner Member
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2018, 09:02:40 PM »
I wrote to DGA requesting an insurance quote and received the following

Full on and off road cover, anywhere in Australia
No restrictions
Not just gazetted roads
Includes beaches and your own tracks
Pay by the month at no extra cost
Emergency accommodation up to $500 if you are more than 100 kilometers from home and an extra $500 to get you and your passengers home
Lifetime Repair Guarantee with choice of your own repair
Repair or replacement of one windscreen per period of insurance without the application of an excess
Hire car costs following and accident or theft for 14 days
Personal property cover up to $500.
Legal Liability Cover up to $20m including costs
We handle your claims for you

Quoted cost was $1192.

Offline BrisVegas

• LS-T Member
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2018, 09:26:05 PM »
I recently switch mine over from RACQ to Club4x4.  With RACQ I had new for old for two years and all my accessories listed.  Once it turned 2 I asked them what cover I had now and they said market value with accessories.  That sounded too vague for me, so I got a quote for agreed value.  They wouldn't give me an agreed value high enough to replace the car as it is.  The premium went up from $750 per annum to over $1k as well.

I rang a bunch of places and most would only go to a calculated maximum agreed value in the low $40k's. 

Club 4x4 was happy for me to go with a total value of $55k, with $15k of that being accessories.  The premium is $72 per month, so $850 or so yearly.  Hopefully I never have to make a claim, but at least I have a replacement value I am happy with, should the car be written off.  Like all insurance companies, I have no doubt they will jack the premium up at renewal time next year, so I will go through it all again then.
2015 MU-X LS-U | TJM Bullbar & steps | TJM Torq winch | XGS 4000 | MickeyT ATZ P3 | ECUSHOP UltraBoost | Redarc SBI | TJM dual batt | XRay 220 HID | HR Towbar | Redarc TowPro | Airtec snorkel | 8" GPS | ARB 112  tank | MSA seatcovers | Sandgrabbas | Rhino Pioneer | 42" LED bar | Supapeg awnin

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal