General Boards > Off Topic

My Camper Trailer

(1/7) > >>

knoath:
G'Day everyone, with the Mod's permission I thought I'd start a thread where we can post our camper trailers, mods performed and pics in use.

I have a 2013 MDC Trooper Extreme V3.
80 ltr water tank, heaps of storage in lockable external cupbourds, 2 x jerry can holders, 2 x 4.5kg gas bottle holders.
Large tool box on the draw bar, spare tyre and stone guard.
I have removed and sold off the tent as it was too large for us now (18ft) as the boys both prefer their swags. Honestly, it was a pain to set up and pack down...
I replaced it with a hard top and added an aluminium roof rack where I can easily access our OzTent RV5, 3x3 gazebo, boys bikes, whatever we need to take. The camper itself has a huge area to store equipment, but the roof rack adds simplicity as well.

I have a Joolca ensuite tent and a HWS which works great, but I'd like to see how others have fitted it to their trailer so it's ready to go, rather than setting up/packing down every trip.

I'll add some pics of my trailer soon.

Muxter:
Any feedback on the Joolca ensuite tent?  Robust?  As easy to set up/fold up as in the video? Thanks

knoath:
The Joolca ensuite tent is a great bit of kit.
It sets up in seconds, minutes if you need to peg it down for windy conditions.
Packs away in its own bag. I bought their demo tent from their factory in Campbellfield, it's a two tone grey tent, I think they're selling blue now.
It's a two room tent, with some great features, a towel rail (not just a hook!) and a mesh organiser, a mesh floor for good drainage and the shower head can be fitted to a pole or their free standing post. We use the dry room for our dunny.

http://www.joolca.com.au/ensuite#jump-wrapper-reviews

Muxter:
Thank you  :cup:

BrisVegas:

--- Quote from: knoath on Nov 07, 2016, 01:29:34 PM ---I have removed and sold off the tent as it was too large for us now (18ft) as the boys both prefer their swags. Honestly, it was a pain to set up and pack down...
I replaced it with a hard top and added an aluminium roof rack where I can easily access our OzTent RV5, 3x3 gazebo, boys bikes, whatever we need to take. The camper itself has a huge area to store equipment, but the roof rack adds simplicity as well.

--- End quote ---

Good idea!  Much like the Drifta DOT trailers and other similar "gear trailers".  I've toyed with the idea myself, as our camper tent is overkill for our needs really, but the convenience of the trailer, kitchen, fridge and storage is hard to go past.

I've got a 2009 Mountain Trail Expedition Extreme soft floor.  I've had it two years and haven't used half the canvas that it came with (extra room, full annexe walls and floor etc.)  It's got a brilliant innerspring bed and lots of space and storage, and the trailer itself is bombproof.  We dragged it up the OTT to the Cape and the only thing I lost was a shockie bush.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version