Please support your Forums and purchase some Merchandise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News: Our OzIsuzu Forums Merchandise  help keep our forum going! :icon_thumleft:

Please register to join the community and see all of the OzIsuzu Forums
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal

Author Topic: My Camper Trailer  (Read 9718 times)

Offline knoath

My Camper Trailer
« on: Nov 07, 2016, 01:29:34 PM »
G'Day everyone, with the Mod's permission I thought I'd start a thread where we can post our camper trailers, mods performed and pics in use.

I have a 2013 MDC Trooper Extreme V3.
80 ltr water tank, heaps of storage in lockable external cupbourds, 2 x jerry can holders, 2 x 4.5kg gas bottle holders.
Large tool box on the draw bar, spare tyre and stone guard.
I have removed and sold off the tent as it was too large for us now (18ft) as the boys both prefer their swags. Honestly, it was a pain to set up and pack down...
I replaced it with a hard top and added an aluminium roof rack where I can easily access our OzTent RV5, 3x3 gazebo, boys bikes, whatever we need to take. The camper itself has a huge area to store equipment, but the roof rack adds simplicity as well.

I have a Joolca ensuite tent and a HWS which works great, but I'd like to see how others have fitted it to their trailer so it's ready to go, rather than setting up/packing down every trip.

I'll add some pics of my trailer soon.
"Bite off more than you can chew, then chew like hell!" Peter Brock

Muxter

Re: My Camper Trailer
« Reply #1 on: Nov 07, 2016, 02:58:17 PM »
Any feedback on the Joolca ensuite tent?  Robust?  As easy to set up/fold up as in the video? Thanks

Offline knoath

« Reply #2 on: Nov 07, 2016, 04:31:52 PM »
The Joolca ensuite tent is a great bit of kit.
It sets up in seconds, minutes if you need to peg it down for windy conditions.
Packs away in its own bag. I bought their demo tent from their factory in Campbellfield, it's a two tone grey tent, I think they're selling blue now.
It's a two room tent, with some great features, a towel rail (not just a hook!) and a mesh organiser, a mesh floor for good drainage and the shower head can be fitted to a pole or their free standing post. We use the dry room for our dunny.

http://www.joolca.com.au/ensuite#jump-wrapper-reviews

Muxter

« Reply #3 on: Nov 07, 2016, 07:09:04 PM »
Thank you  :cup:

Offline BrisVegas

• LS-T Member
  • Car Type: MUX
« Reply #4 on: Nov 07, 2016, 10:52:04 PM »
I have removed and sold off the tent as it was too large for us now (18ft) as the boys both prefer their swags. Honestly, it was a pain to set up and pack down...
I replaced it with a hard top and added an aluminium roof rack where I can easily access our OzTent RV5, 3x3 gazebo, boys bikes, whatever we need to take. The camper itself has a huge area to store equipment, but the roof rack adds simplicity as well.

Good idea!  Much like the Drifta DOT trailers and other similar "gear trailers".  I've toyed with the idea myself, as our camper tent is overkill for our needs really, but the convenience of the trailer, kitchen, fridge and storage is hard to go past.

I've got a 2009 Mountain Trail Expedition Extreme soft floor.  I've had it two years and haven't used half the canvas that it came with (extra room, full annexe walls and floor etc.)  It's got a brilliant innerspring bed and lots of space and storage, and the trailer itself is bombproof.  We dragged it up the OTT to the Cape and the only thing I lost was a shockie bush.

2015 MU-X LS-U | TJM Bullbar & steps | TJM Torq winch | XGS 4000 | MickeyT ATZ P3 | ECUSHOP UltraBoost | Redarc SBI | TJM dual batt | XRay 220 HID | HR Towbar | Redarc TowPro | Airtec snorkel | 8" GPS | ARB 112  tank | MSA seatcovers | Sandgrabbas | Rhino Pioneer | 42" LED bar | Supapeg awnin

Offline knoath

« Reply #5 on: Nov 08, 2016, 06:40:16 AM »
Great pics BrisVegas! :icon_thumleft:
Yep, our MDC is a great trailer, as you said, we couldn't part with it and lose the storage, kitchen, and versatility of it. I do miss the queen size inner spring matress though! :laughing7:
I see you've got a fridge on a slide, I'm guessing between that and your slide out kitchen you don't have a lot of room for storage in it?

Offline BrisVegas

• LS-T Member
« Reply #6 on: Nov 08, 2016, 08:26:11 AM »
yep.  The kitchen takes up one half of the trailer, it's huge!  We don't really need a kitchen that big, but that's what it came with.  A Drifta kitchen module would probably do us, which would be half as big and free up some more space.  The 60litre Engel takes up the back left 1/4, leaving the front left 1/4 for storage.  We put the Weber, annexe walls, mesh groundsheet and a tub of odds and ends or bags in there.  There's a lockable door to access that cubby hole.  The front box is very large and that is where our folding chairs and other stuff goes. 
2015 MU-X LS-U | TJM Bullbar & steps | TJM Torq winch | XGS 4000 | MickeyT ATZ P3 | ECUSHOP UltraBoost | Redarc SBI | TJM dual batt | XRay 220 HID | HR Towbar | Redarc TowPro | Airtec snorkel | 8" GPS | ARB 112  tank | MSA seatcovers | Sandgrabbas | Rhino Pioneer | 42" LED bar | Supapeg awnin

Offline knoath

« Reply #7 on: Nov 08, 2016, 11:24:14 AM »
Looks like being organised is the key!

Offline whitey001

• LS-T Member
« Reply #8 on: Dec 08, 2016, 08:06:29 PM »
Picking up our new camper tomorrow.  Will gets some pics up when we have it.

Al.

Offline knoath

« Reply #9 on: Dec 08, 2016, 08:47:59 PM »
OK, here's a few pics of my trailer:
Only days old! Buckland valley:

Flinders Ranges:

I will have to upload some more recent pics since removing the tent top.

Offline Isuzumu

« Reply #10 on: Dec 09, 2016, 09:23:09 AM »
This is our camping trailer, dual purpose, we decided  to buy this as we needed a new trailer for rubbish etc. With gear so cheap these days it is easily done.

Offline knoath

« Reply #11 on: Dec 15, 2016, 05:26:55 PM »
Just... brilliant! :icon_thumleft:

What do you use for a kitchen, mate?

Offline whitey001

• LS-T Member
« Reply #12 on: Dec 15, 2016, 07:37:12 PM »
So we picked up our new camper last weekend and spent the first night at Lake Hume Tourist Park.  Now to start the modifications.

Al.

Offline lurkr

• LS-U Member
  • MY2015 MUX LS-T
« Reply #13 on: Dec 15, 2016, 08:22:59 PM »
Nice !

Offline knoath

« Reply #14 on: Dec 16, 2016, 06:08:29 AM »
Hey whitey001, that looks like a very quick set up, very nice!
What's the camping like at Lake Hume? I've driven through Albury so many times, always thought "I'll have a look there one day..."

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal