Please support your Forums and purchase some Merchandise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News: Our OzIsuzu Forums Merchandise  help keep our forum going! :icon_thumleft:

Please register to join the community and see all of the OzIsuzu Forums
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal

Author Topic: OzTent set ups  (Read 11511 times)

Offline knoath

Re: OzTent set ups
« Reply #15 on: Jul 18, 2016, 06:40:23 AM »
DannyG, got any info on that strut assisted tent?
Parko, we have a double stretcher which takes no time to set up and is compact when packed down.

The camper trailer has heaps of storage, with cupboards all round:

So I want to keep the trailer, just lose the tent. :icon_thumleft:
"Bite off more than you can chew, then chew like hell!" Peter Brock

Offline DannyG

• Administrator
  • XRunner Member
    • DannyG.com
« Reply #16 on: Jul 18, 2016, 09:56:04 AM »
Its this one here mate, we love it.

http://trailercampers.com/products/6001-small-grey-tent/

No poles inside to fit up. Simply allow it to fold itself over and then drop the door pole down out of the way. Only 3 poles to pop the awning up with a guy line each end pulling the outside poles out.

I haven't timed myself putting it up but I wouldn't mind betting I can put the whole thing up quicker than another man could put 2 swags with hoops together.

If you watch the youtube demo Steve actually makes it look hard because he set the tent up from scratch, straight out of the factory and the tent has now way of allowing air out. As you would know, we leave a door slightly unzipped to allow air to escape.

He also sells them through Ebay and at times runs specials so you can get them a bit cheaper than the websites pricing. He is Tasmanian based but keeps all the tents in a warehouse in Sydney.
"People will forget what you said, they will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel"

Offline knoath

« Reply #17 on: Jul 27, 2016, 08:53:00 AM »
MuxGuy wrote:
Most essential accessory for the OzTent is the OzTent fly for your sized tent....condensation can be a real issue to the Oztent. The fly fixes this and protects the tent from bird droppings etc and provides some insulation to the sun and keeps the inside of the tent much cooler in summer.

I'm wondering if the fly can be left zipped to the tent, or does it have to be removed every pack up?

Offline Yoodles

• LS-U Member
  • Car Type: DMAX
« Reply #18 on: Jul 29, 2016, 09:52:44 AM »
I've had almost every camp setup possible thus far.
Had the roof top tent for the cape...but was annoyed at having to get up on the roof to unzip etc...couldnt reach standing.
Swapped this for a companion exo rapid pitch tent....awesome tent (cheaper than blackwolf but as good quality).  Loved this tent but was a bit heavy for me and quite long.
Similarly the oztents are awesome for their quick setup - had a friend with one we used quite a bit, but same issue with weight and size when packed up.

Now i usually go the swag under the awning - but if i need change room, its an oztrail swift pitch.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/OzTrail-Sportiva-4-Swift-Pitch-Tent-/231551612411
Lightweight, packs down to 10kg and not too long (fits on the roof of a suzuki jimny), and setup is as easy as folding out the legs and pulling a drawstring to tension them up (like a motor pull cord).   
Good head room at 190cm and pretty cheap.

And as parko mentioned, roll the premade swag up in the tent and your done.  :icon_thumleft:
2015 SX Dual Cab-Chassis 4x4 Manual, Buffalo Equip Alloy Tray/Canopy - ARB Deluxe Bullbar, ARB Brushrails, OME GVM Upgrade 300kg, Warn XD9000, TJM dual battery tray/Redarc SBI12, HPD Catch Can, UHF, Bonnet Protector, Weathershields.

Offline MuxGuys

• LS-T Member
  • Car Type: MUX
« Reply #19 on: Jul 29, 2016, 02:36:12 PM »
MuxGuy wrote:
Most essential accessory for the OzTent is the OzTent fly for your sized tent....condensation can be a real issue to the Oztent. The fly fixes this and protects the tent from bird droppings etc and provides some insulation to the sun and keeps the inside of the tent much cooler in summer.

I'm wondering if the fly can be left zipped to the tent, or does it have to be removed every pack up?

I left ours on and could still fold the tent with reasonable ease, but more often than not removed and rolled the tent up and in the fly to protect the tent and keep the tent dry in the OzTent supplied bag that's not waterproof.

Drifta in Gloucester NSW are making an aftermarket weather proof canvas bag for OzTents if that helps anyone  :icon_thumleft:

Offline knoath

« Reply #20 on: Jul 29, 2016, 03:15:11 PM »
 :icon_thumleft: :notworthy:

Offline knoath

« Reply #21 on: Aug 15, 2016, 08:33:13 AM »
Got the camper top frame welded up on the weekend, very happy with it! Cut the aluminium checker plate to size.
I will finish it off through the week I hope, as the weekend will be taken up at the 4x4 show.
I need to find suitable hinges, I am getting two gas struts at the show, add some foam rubber seal around the underside of the frame and screw the checker plate down.
I will post some pics later.
I will fit a full length roof rack next week I hope.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal