Please support your Forums and purchase some Merchandise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News: Our OzIsuzu Forums Merchandise  help keep our forum going! :icon_thumleft:

Please register to join the community and see all of the OzIsuzu Forums
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal

Author Topic: Roadside Assistance Experience  (Read 3671 times)

Offline Miffa

• LS-M Member
  • Car Type: MUX
Roadside Assistance Experience
« on: Sep 06, 2016, 09:46:28 AM »
Let me set the scene a little first.

On a plane on the way home from Nth Qld this weekend, the lil guy spilt his sippy cup in the bag where the MUX keys we're.  :angry5: Couldn't do anything about it, it was still sunny and warm and as I had a beer in hand waiting for Crapstar to hopefully leave on time, I moved on quickly.  :dontknow:

Returned to Tulla airport long term parking and low and behold, the car doesn't unlock using the key.  :BangHead: Thinking the electronics are fried, open the door manually, only to turn the ignition on and she's dead. Zero, zip, nadda, nuffin happening.

Desperate now. Tired kids, even more of a tired wife, and I'm busting for a cold one to let go of a long day of travel. Call Roadside Assistance at 16:39. Verify my car & personal details and advise location in long term car park. At the end, ask politely how long a wait I'm in for, (Worried I might have time to catch a plane back to Airlie Beach and back again). The extremely helpful lady suggests a car has already been dispatched and should be arriving within 20 mins. Hang up, very happy, but cautiously so.

Receive a phone call at 16:52 for a guy asking if he can see his lights flashing in carpark. Yep, I can. Guide him to the car via phone and he's there's by 16:54. 15 minutes from making the phone call, to someone turning up. Bloody awesome experience..... :occasion14:

Turns out it wasn't the lil guy or the key that was the issue: Dad, aka Me, aka the guy that makes sure everyone else is doing the right thing, left the bloody lights on for the first time in his life... Quietly grateful I didn't have a go at anyone for the key dilemma earlier in the day.... :notworthy:

Not sure if anyone else has had to use Roadside Service, but given the above, I'm pretty pleased with how it worked out in my case. Any other stories out there, good or bad??
MU-X LSU MY15 l Tow Bar w Tekonsha BC | Bonnet Protector | Rhino Rack w Quickmount legs

Offline DMaximus

• XRunner Member
  • Car Type: DMAX
Re: Roadside Assistance Experience
« Reply #1 on: Sep 06, 2016, 10:27:14 AM »

Turns out it wasn't the lil guy or the key that was the issue: Dad, aka Me, aka the guy that makes sure everyone else is doing the right thing, left the bloody lights on for the first time in his life... Quietly grateful I didn't have a go at anyone for the key dilemma earlier in the day.... :notworthy:

Please tell me you didn't admit that to the wife!!  :nono:

You will never here the end of it and your wife will now have a get out of jail free card.  :laughing7:

Offline Miffa

• LS-M Member
« Reply #2 on: Sep 06, 2016, 10:52:30 AM »
Hell No! I "might" have suggested little hands had turned and left on the interior lights. As a result I'm now shopping for internal LED's that the dear wife had previously said weren't needed!!  :laughing7: :laughing7:
MU-X LSU MY15 l Tow Bar w Tekonsha BC | Bonnet Protector | Rhino Rack w Quickmount legs

Offline BMux

• XRunner Member
« Reply #3 on: Sep 06, 2016, 10:55:14 AM »
I've used them once, found them helpful and friendly over the phone. The guy that came out took around 45 minutes to get to our house from calling it in. He was a bit rough and in a rush for his next callout (RACV), but got the job done. Flat tyre in case you were wondering, and yes I was "testing" the service instead of doing it myself  :laughing7:
MU-X LS-T MY15 | Bonnet Protector | Isuzu Snorkel | Isuzu Tow Bar | ARB Deluxe Combo Bar | Geolander A/T G015 255/65R17 | "Be the change you want to see."

Offline DMaximus

• XRunner Member
  • Car Type: DMAX
« Reply #4 on: Sep 06, 2016, 11:34:33 AM »
Hell No! I "might" have suggested little hands had turned and left on the interior lights. As a result I'm now shopping for internal LED's that the dear wife had previously said weren't needed!!  :laughing7: :laughing7:

Excellent!

Love your work  :icon_thumleft:

Offline konazz

• LS-U Member
« Reply #5 on: Sep 06, 2016, 04:09:26 PM »
Yeah. They've been great. Had an issue, mentioned i have a 4 week old baby waiting for me at the destination, and that my wife accidentally left the nappy bag and formula in the car (I was heading back to drop it off). They arrived about 10 mins later, as I got a priority because of the little one.
White LS-U: OEM Nudge Bar, 23" Lightbar, GME TX3350, Tradesman Rack, 16" DMAX Rims A/T tyres, 1" TJM lift kit, OEM towbar, Canvas seat covers, Drifta drawers and fridge slide, Engel Eclipse, Redarc BC-DC 1220, Optima D34, Baintech monitor

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal