Please support your Forums and purchase some Merchandise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News: Our OzIsuzu Forums Merchandise  help keep our forum going! :icon_thumleft:

Please register to join the community and see all of the OzIsuzu Forums
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal

Author Topic: Second car besides the MUX  (Read 4296 times)

Offline thinggy42

Second car besides the MUX
« on: Jul 01, 2016, 11:52:57 AM »
Hey guys,

I am looking into purchasing a second car besides the MUX as the family needs more than 2 vehicles ( 4 people driving to different places ). I personally love the MUX and am half thinking about buying another one or a Dmax ( am not a tradie and have a trailer for the MUX ).

What other cars do you all drive? I am hoping to find something fun and safe ( sigh the MUX is fun and safe! ) for up to the 30k mark.

I am on my Ps so I am restricted to what I can purchase here in NSW. Do you guys know of any other automatic 4X4s that would compliment the MUX well?

Any help is appreciated!

Offline Taza

• XRunner Member
  • Car Type: MUX
Re: Second car besides the MUX
« Reply #1 on: Jul 01, 2016, 12:02:27 PM »
Get ya self a subaru forester XT get the 2011 model. I love my turbocharged forester

Taza
2015 MU-X LST Outback bronze | Rear Bumper Garnish | Stainless Steel Scuff Plates | TJM T13 Colour Coded Bullbar | TJM Airtek Snorkel | 3" Turbo Back Exhaust with Hi-Flow Cat | ECU Re-map | Ceramic Pro 9H Paint Protection | Windows Tinted

Offline PUMAPANTS

• LS-M Member
« Reply #2 on: Jul 01, 2016, 01:18:42 PM »
I sold my 2011 Subaru XT premium last week and its is a nice car BUT don't expect to get much change from $75 worth of premium unleaded which around town only get you approx. 440km........other than that a great car. Don't think you will be able to drive it in NSW as its a turbo petrol..........?

Offline Taza

• XRunner Member
« Reply #3 on: Jul 01, 2016, 01:22:08 PM »
Ohh thought that was as long as it was under the power to weight ratio?

Was urs stock or modded ;)

Taza
2015 MU-X LST Outback bronze | Rear Bumper Garnish | Stainless Steel Scuff Plates | TJM T13 Colour Coded Bullbar | TJM Airtek Snorkel | 3" Turbo Back Exhaust with Hi-Flow Cat | ECU Re-map | Ceramic Pro 9H Paint Protection | Windows Tinted

Offline PUMAPANTS

• LS-M Member
« Reply #4 on: Jul 01, 2016, 01:23:35 PM »
Your probably right Taza as im not familiar what they do south of the border.

stock as a rock!

Offline Taza

• XRunner Member
« Reply #5 on: Jul 01, 2016, 01:42:44 PM »
Your probably right Taza as im not familiar what they do south of the border.

stock as a rock!

Im not sure either mate i just remember reading something

I spent way to muchb $$$ on mine to ever sell it. Wouldnt be worth it. Part it out proberly better money. Run it till she dies now lol

Offline Parko96

• XRunner Member
« Reply #6 on: Jul 01, 2016, 04:15:15 PM »
If you love the MUX so much how about one in two wheel drive? There are a few on carsales for $31,000.

In regards to another option we loved our x-trail. Great size, very reliable and very capable off road. Just stay away from the first of the diesel ones, they had quiet a few issues with them.

Offline emuman

• SX Member
  • Car Type: DMAX
« Reply #7 on: Jul 01, 2016, 07:41:53 PM »
We just bought a new Suzuki Vitara turbo as a second car. Goes well and great on fuel. It has all the gadgets and looks the part.  :occasion14:

Offline balistc

• SX Member
« Reply #8 on: Jul 28, 2016, 06:27:36 PM »
I just bought a RenaultSport Megane 275 Cup as my second car. It's the polar opposite of the Isuzu, and I love having 2 completely different rides to choose from. I looked at every hot hatch on the market and nothing else came close for the money.

It's slightly out of your budget new, but lightly used ones can be had for near your budget. Anything after 2013 has a 5 year warranty too, which is a bonus.

Offline BrisVegas

• LS-T Member
« Reply #9 on: Jul 28, 2016, 09:09:46 PM »
We have always had small cars plus the Pajero.  Since the Mu-X joined the family, we sold the little Fiesta and kept the Pajero for the time-being as "my" car while the wife and kids use the Mu-X daily.  The Mu-x is obviously the family outing and holiday vehicle as it's a much nicer place to be than the old Paj.

Hope to replace the Paj with a small/medium car in a year or two when I'm back working again.  I'd like a compact wagon, something Forester/Passat/Octavia/Mondeo sized, but realistically a Focus/Golf/308/i30 would probably do the job and be more affordable.  I was originally looking at a 2007+ Rodeo or early D-max as a newer vehicle for me, but my wife reckons I can have the Mu-X back if she gets something zippier for her....

Sorry, to answer your question.  Auto 4x4, fun, under $30k...  Jeep JK Wrangler?  Forester XT?  Skoda Octavia Scout?  Suzuki Jimny!
2015 MU-X LS-U | TJM Bullbar & steps | TJM Torq winch | XGS 4000 | MickeyT ATZ P3 | ECUSHOP UltraBoost | Redarc SBI | TJM dual batt | XRay 220 HID | HR Towbar | Redarc TowPro | Airtec snorkel | 8" GPS | ARB 112  tank | MSA seatcovers | Sandgrabbas | Rhino Pioneer | 42" LED bar | Supapeg awnin

Offline Coops_mux

• SX Member
« Reply #10 on: Nov 12, 2017, 11:04:42 AM »
We have always had small cars plus the Pajero.  Since the Mu-X joined the family, we sold the little Fiesta and kept the Pajero for the time-being as "my" car while the wife and kids use the Mu-X daily.  The Mu-x is obviously the family outing and holiday vehicle as it's a much nicer place to be than the old Paj.

Hope to replace the Paj with a small/medium car in a year or two when I'm back working again.  I'd like a compact wagon, something Forester/Passat/Octavia/Mondeo sized, but realistically a Focus/Golf/308/i30 would probably do the job and be more affordable.  I was originally looking at a 2007+ Rodeo or early D-max as a newer vehicle for me, but my wife reckons I can have the Mu-X back if she gets something zippier for her....

Sorry, to answer your question.  Auto 4x4, fun, under $30k...  Jeep JK Wrangler?  Forester XT?  Skoda Octavia Scout?  Suzuki Jimny!

We’ve got MUX LST as our family car and Ford Focus as our run about town car. It’s cheap on petrol, compact - easy to park and roomy enough for a few kids. Best Buy out there under 30k with heaps of change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline BrisVegas

• LS-T Member
« Reply #11 on: Nov 13, 2017, 11:26:49 PM »
CoopsMux - We ended up getting a Ford Escape Trend ecoboost which is basically a fat Focus AWD!  Love it. It bloody hammers too with 180kw and 345nm.  So much nicer inside than my "truck"
2015 MU-X LS-U | TJM Bullbar & steps | TJM Torq winch | XGS 4000 | MickeyT ATZ P3 | ECUSHOP UltraBoost | Redarc SBI | TJM dual batt | XRay 220 HID | HR Towbar | Redarc TowPro | Airtec snorkel | 8" GPS | ARB 112  tank | MSA seatcovers | Sandgrabbas | Rhino Pioneer | 42" LED bar | Supapeg awnin

Offline UrbanJungle1966

• LS-U Member
« Reply #12 on: Nov 16, 2017, 10:04:45 AM »
Depends on what you want. Our second car well the better halves car is a little diesel BMW 118d. It is a seriously fun little car to drive. One of the best handling cars I have ever driven and it is very zippy plus the fuel economy is pretty much the best you can get at under 5lt/hundred Urban and under 4 highway.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal