General Boards > Off Topic

Is anyone running a Dashcam ? if yes, how's it go ?

<< < (2/5) > >>

Jackofjr:
I think they are all pretty much Chinese , if you research the Web , YouTube ect , pick a camera that gets good reviews , then buy from eBay with any luck it should be ok .

Teejai80:
I am looking for something as well.  Really don't want any visible cables though.  Anyone got a pic of a nice install in a MU?

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

Bob:

--- Quote from: Teejai80 on May 14, 2016, 08:40:18 AM ---I am looking for something as well.  Really don't want any visible cables though.  Anyone got a pic of a nice install in a MU?

--- End quote ---

Very easy to hide the cable, I have a rear view monitor sitting over the rear view mirror as well. Both these cables I tucked between the windscreen and hood lining, around the top of the A pillar cover then by pulling the door seal away from the frame, you can hide the cables down behind it and finally pop out behind the glove box.

The only bit of cable you can see is the bit coming out to the units just behind the mirror.

xsm:
If using the "A" pillar to route cables, I would recommend removing the "A" pillar plastic trim and taping the wires hard against the pillar. This way you can ensure that the cables won't run across or interfere with the curtain airbag.

The trim is easily removed by undoing the 2 bolts that hold the grab handle on, then slide the trim upwards to remove.

Cheers
Martin.

Teejai80:
Awesome thanks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version