Please support your Forums and purchase some Merchandise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News: OzIsuzu Forums... your friendly :hello: place to chat about all things Isuzu.

Please register to join the community and see all of the OzIsuzu Forums
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal

Author Topic: Is anyone running a Dashcam ? if yes, how's it go ?  (Read 10890 times)

Offline jeffr

• SX Member
  • Car Type: DMAX
  • 2011 DMax Dual Cab
Re: Is anyone running a Dashcam ? if yes, how's it go ?
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2016, 08:07:41 PM »
Never posted to Youtube before, so this is as good a place to test if it worked, or not...

If the post works, its a 3 minute clip from Lake Hart earlier this year of a storm coming in. Its HD, and a reasonable choice to show the dynamic range of the camera, and the windstorm later in the clip shows that a good amount of detail is resolved, its smooth, and colour rendition is pretty good to. Its a very wide angle, as you can see from the slight fish-eye effect across the horizon. It has a good range of crisp focus, pretty much from the bonnet to the horizon (not all dash-cams have a decent lens or the resolving power to achieve this). From memory I have set my camera to -2EV, the original preset was way to "hot" and burnt out detail.

Video on my laptop has a GPS overlay showing speed and location, and a Google Maps window showing track with colour keyed track indication speed. Don't know to imprint the GPS it on the video yet...

Anyway, thats pretty typical of what you will get from a quality dash-cam. Pretty good for $240 I thought, meets our needs to record our travels anyway :)

https://youtu.be/4ytbjqSHTlg

Edit: Posted it and watched it on Youtube, it worked, yeah! ...video is much crisper on my laptop though, might have to learn how to compress our own videos before we start our travel blog :)
2011 DMax Dual Cab | A Future Classic

Offline Teejai80

• SX Member
  • Car Type: MUX
« Reply #16 on: Aug 07, 2016, 05:53:31 PM »
Hi all,

I am currently planning my next mod on the Moo a front mount camera. This got me thinking about the project after that, the dashcam.

I was wondering if I could use the parking camera and once installed my front camera as an input for a "dashcam. The idea being that it's not really a dashcam, simply a recorder installed somewhere out of the way. I don't really want a display on the rear view mirror anyhow. 

Anyone know of a device that will record on G-force and take dual camera inputs.

Second question: Is the parking camera plug in? I'm hoping that I could simply tap into its feed as a permanent rear view camera. 

Offline monbeg

• LS-T Member
« Reply #17 on: Aug 07, 2016, 06:05:12 PM »
I haven't got one of these but a guy I used to work with has and reckons they are the ducks nuts.
Not sure which model he has but it comes on if someone bumps or interferes with the vehicle while it is left unattended.

When my Dick Smith special packs up I will be looking at one of them.

http://www.autoblackbox.com.au/blackvue-dash-cams/

Offline Taza

• XRunner Member
« Reply #18 on: Aug 07, 2016, 06:57:57 PM »
I installed a 2ch dash cam an iroad V9 http://iroadhd.com.au/product/iroad-v9/

Only issue i have had to buy a 1m extension cable to get the rear cable to fit. 1080p front & rear

Cheers
Taza
2015 MU-X LST Outback bronze | Rear Bumper Garnish | Stainless Steel Scuff Plates | TJM T13 Colour Coded Bullbar | TJM Airtek Snorkel | 3" Turbo Back Exhaust with Hi-Flow Cat | ECU Re-map | Ceramic Pro 9H Paint Protection | Windows Tinted

Offline TheBigD

« Reply #20 on: Aug 08, 2016, 04:38:52 PM »
After having some moron do a U-turn on a blind corner over double lines and me nearly T-boning him and then getting abused by the same moron I went out and bought a Street Guardian sg9665gc and have been using it for the last few weeks.
It seems to get good reviews and ive found it to be very easy to set up and use. I've already got a few vids of idiots on the road running red lights and near misses. It doesn't have wifi but does have a movement activated park mode which works well. Anything more complicated would do my head in I think.

extremely happy with it so far

Offline Taza

• XRunner Member
« Reply #21 on: Aug 08, 2016, 09:25:12 PM »
For android phone user you can also use autoboy blackbox. Was testing it out seems to work well. Can even have it running with the screen off so it doesnt annoy you

Taza
2015 MU-X LST Outback bronze | Rear Bumper Garnish | Stainless Steel Scuff Plates | TJM T13 Colour Coded Bullbar | TJM Airtek Snorkel | 3" Turbo Back Exhaust with Hi-Flow Cat | ECU Re-map | Ceramic Pro 9H Paint Protection | Windows Tinted

Offline TuffMax

• SX Member
  • Car Type: DMAX
« Reply #22 on: Aug 09, 2016, 06:31:48 PM »
I use my Gopro sometimes.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal