Please support your Forums and purchase some Merchandise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News: Our OzIsuzu Forums Merchandise  help keep our forum going! :icon_thumleft:

Please register to join the community and see all of the OzIsuzu Forums
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal

Author Topic: 12 Volt Source  (Read 3618 times)

Offline ryjoe

• LS-U Member
  • Car Type: MUX
  • Owner of www.onlinecameraed.com
    • Online Camera Ed
12 Volt Source
« on: Feb 25, 2016, 12:25:21 PM »
Hi Everyone,

Need some electrical advice please.  I have an AVan Erin Mark 2 poptop caravan and I have just fitted a new Banten Antenna which is very good. I need to get 12 volts to it for the built in amplifier.

A potential source of 12 volt is the panel whose image I have attached to this post. It is easily accessible and is very close to where I need it so cabling etc should not be a drama.  Ideally it would be great if the antenna only had power when the master switch on this panel was in the on position.

So can any of you folk with some electrical knowledge share your thoughts please?

Thanks everyone.

Cheers

Brian

Offline Str8jacket

• LS-U Member
  • Car Type: DMAX
Re: 12 Volt Source
« Reply #1 on: Feb 25, 2016, 12:57:55 PM »
You should be able to either take a supply off the switched side of switch one, fused to what is required of the amplifier or use a relay. Some things to check , the amp rating of the switch and the load its already carrying.
Ideally you would take a 12v signal from switch one to a relay from the main power source, fused.

Offline Bob

• XRunner Member
  • Car Type: DMAX
  • 2014 LST Auto
« Reply #2 on: Feb 25, 2016, 01:06:06 PM »
Brian, I would be going over to the Caravanners Forum and asking that question as you will probably find someone with that van will reply - try here http://caravanersforum.com/index.php
2014 LST Ash Beige. SMM Steel canopy, Outback Drawers, dual battery with 2 x 160W solar panels (keeps the beers nice and cold), 135L tank, TJM T15 alloy bar with Xray-vision LED lights, Dumbo Clearview Mirrors. The ultimate tow truck.

Offline ryjoe

• LS-U Member
  • Car Type: MUX
  • Owner of www.onlinecameraed.com
    • Online Camera Ed
« Reply #3 on: Feb 25, 2016, 03:24:29 PM »
Thanks guys.

Cheers
Brian

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal