Please support your Forums and purchase some Merchandise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News: Our OzIsuzu Forums Merchandise  help keep our forum going! :icon_thumleft:

Please register to join the community and see all of the OzIsuzu Forums
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal

Author Topic: insurance  (Read 9236 times)

Offline PUMAPANTS

• LS-M Member
  • Car Type: MUX
Re: insurance
« Reply #30 on: Jun 15, 2016, 12:23:07 PM »
jeeves01

konazz

CGU is a reputable insurer. all claims will have some paper work, you will have to be involved throughout the process but IF you have a broker the majority of the work is done on your behalf. One of the down falls of insuring directly with youi, budget etc.  is that your on your own at claim time. if anyone has ever experienced this personally its a stressful time.

Yeah. CGU claims were happy... but the IAG assessor and smash repairer were stuffing me massively around - couldn't make a decision for 2.5 weeks (1 didn't have the authority to go that high, the 2nd went on leave while a secondary quote was being made up, and the 3rd one kept wanting more and more info). Funds were in my account 36 hours after the 3rd assessor looking at it finally made a decision

Im surprised that three quotes had to be sourced, these days its usually just one and that's it, if the insurer thinks that the quote for repairs is high they will send an assessor out to have a look at the car in person, usually they just do a "desk top assessment" if its a simple claim. Hopefully you don't have to claim ever again konazz. Who have you insured the MUX through?

Offline konazz

• LS-U Member
« Reply #31 on: Jun 15, 2016, 02:33:38 PM »
No it wasn't 3 quotes. It was 3 assessors.

Long story short.
Bought x-trail 3.5 years ago for $32k d/a with extras (price was unheard of on the forums - i got very lucky as the lowest price for the diesel was $38k and RRP was $41.7k). I had some accessories that added to the value (bash plate, lift kit, uhf, tow bar etc.). So at the most recent renewal... agreed value was lowered by CGU to $30.75k You can see why they were a bit cranky, as my policy was agreed value they would have to pay out.
After the 'flooding' incident, it got towed to the biggest auto repairer/assessor in Canberra. It was clearly a write-off, and the guys simply didn't have time to quote on it. One IAG assessor was like, yeah, get me a basic quote, about half way, then we'll write it off (he was the most senior assessor in NSW/ACT). His boss's boss wasn't happy, so it went back for more detail quoting. Then they added a bit more + extras (the repairer was pissed, knowing it was a write off and spending time dealing with it). By this time, the senior assessor had gone on holidays and some dude from Sydney was down. He wanted more details again.. and in the end another quote, but then he went back to Sydney and a third assessor was brought in from IAG, after I complained to my broker. Even claims said this was getting ridiculous. Anyway, payment was processed an hour after verbal confirmation from the assessor.

Still insured with Affinity/IAG, as my insurance wasn't that greatly affected, and was cheaper than my online quotes. Paying about $1700 now, and added windscreen + car hire this time round.
White LS-U: OEM Nudge Bar, 23" Lightbar, GME TX3350, Tradesman Rack, 16" DMAX Rims A/T tyres, 1" TJM lift kit, OEM towbar, Canvas seat covers, Drifta drawers and fridge slide, Engel Eclipse, Redarc BC-DC 1220, Optima D34, Baintech monitor

Offline PUMAPANTS

• LS-M Member
« Reply #32 on: Jun 15, 2016, 02:47:02 PM »
No it wasn't 3 quotes. It was 3 assessors.

Long story short.
Bought x-trail 3.5 years ago for $32k d/a with extras (price was unheard of on the forums - i got very lucky as the lowest price for the diesel was $38k and RRP was $41.7k). I had some accessories that added to the value (bash plate, lift kit, uhf, tow bar etc.). So at the most recent renewal... agreed value was lowered by CGU to $30.75k You can see why they were a bit cranky, as my policy was agreed value they would have to pay out.
After the 'flooding' incident, it got towed to the biggest auto repairer/assessor in Canberra. It was clearly a write-off, and the guys simply didn't have time to quote on it. One IAG assessor was like, yeah, get me a basic quote, about half way, then we'll write it off (he was the most senior assessor in NSW/ACT). His boss's boss wasn't happy, so it went back for more detail quoting. Then they added a bit more + extras (the repairer was pissed, knowing it was a write off and spending time dealing with it). By this time, the senior assessor had gone on holidays and some dude from Sydney was down. He wanted more details again.. and in the end another quote, but then he went back to Sydney and a third assessor was brought in from IAG, after I complained to my broker. Even claims said this was getting ridiculous. Anyway, payment was processed an hour after verbal confirmation from the assessor.

Still insured with Affinity/IAG, as my insurance wasn't that greatly affected, and was cheaper than my online quotes. Paying about $1700 now, and added windscreen + car hire this time round.

Right, I guess it never helps when an assessor goes on hols then another ass-essor has to pick up the pieces and run with it from there, not an easy job form what I can tell, wouldn't want to do it myself!

$1,700 for the MUX? Do you have a whole heap of accessories/mods insured? most insurers will give you a replacement vehicle within the first 2-3 years of registration (you have to be first registered owner) and an equivalent model has to be available for them to be able to give you.

Offline konazz

• LS-U Member
« Reply #33 on: Jun 15, 2016, 06:10:20 PM »
Yeah. Which is about right, as we were paying about $1300 for the x-trail (and both wife and i had 10+ years clean record without accident/infringement). It does include our camping crap, all the accessories (nudge, lightbar, UHF, upgraded stereo, drifta fitout etc.) and is 100% offroad, even on private property - hence the reason we weren't questioned why our car ended up in a creek in the middle of nowhere.
White LS-U: OEM Nudge Bar, 23" Lightbar, GME TX3350, Tradesman Rack, 16" DMAX Rims A/T tyres, 1" TJM lift kit, OEM towbar, Canvas seat covers, Drifta drawers and fridge slide, Engel Eclipse, Redarc BC-DC 1220, Optima D34, Baintech monitor

Offline macka17

• LS-T Member
  • Car Type: DMAX
« Reply #34 on: Jun 16, 2016, 04:28:32 PM »
I had  Western QBE for  30 yrs.
House. Cars. Caravan and large yacht.
Never missed a beat.
Only made three claims. One car one Outboard motor stolen and one anchoring system stolen from bow of yacht.
$4 grand for that one and they just rang marine supplier.
Told then to send bill to them for all I took out door.
For marine. they were great.

RACQ for 16 yrs. 2 claims.  One Cyclone damage. one Caravan repair.
One  paid into my acc't within 5 days. Other paid to builder when he finished job.

As said. Stick with named company's and there's not normally (as long as you not pushong it) a problem.

Offline macka17

• LS-T Member
  • Car Type: DMAX
« Reply #35 on: Jun 16, 2016, 04:33:59 PM »
I had  Western QBE for  30 yrs.
Only made three claims. One car one Outboard motor stolen and one anchoring system stolen from bow of yacht.
$4 grand for that one and they just rang marine supplier.
Told then to send bill to them for all I took out door.
For marine. they were great.

RACQ for 16 yrs. 2 claims.  One Cyclone damage. one Caravan repair.
One  paid into my acc't within 5 days. Other paid to builder when he finished job.

As said. Stick with named company's and there's not normally (as long as you not pushing it) a problem.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal