Please support your Forums and purchase some Merchandise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News: Read Off-road destination Tips :cup: in Trips Old and Planning!

Please register to join the community and see all of the OzIsuzu Forums
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal

Author Topic: insurance  (Read 9180 times)

Offline Jackofjr

• LS-T Member
  • Car Type: DMAX
Re: insurance
« Reply #15 on: Feb 22, 2016, 12:30:10 PM »
Club 4x4 insurance , just rang me , they will match the premium I have been paying for my Tvan ,
They also sharpened the price for my Dmax on what I was quoted on the phone last week , it's now the same as what I was paying with my current insurer , for a much better cover .

I did ask again about the remote recovery to a gazzetted road , Clud 4x4 will pay for the remote portion of the recovery up to the amount in your policy , $1500 std cover or $15K - $30k if I take out either option
The gazetted Rd part will not be covered , that's for break down .
If you actually have a crash everything will be covered

I have a couple of weeks before my insurance is due on both Dmax and Tvan , but I really think Club 4x4 have won me ,

Offline jeeves01

• LS-T Member
« Reply #16 on: Feb 22, 2016, 12:56:54 PM »
Jacko...if you haven't rung Youi could I suggest you do...I can't recall all their cover BUT I do remember is was better than average, including stuff for recovery....just make a point of asking them about 4bie driving etc, remote roads as all conversations are recorded and that's a good way of making sure things are as they seem.
When I insured my slide on the Youi policy has $5,000 cover for on boards, including fishing gear and other stuff...the others offered only $1,000 and NO fishing gear was covered...I would have had to take a house contents policy and nominate my fishing gear as 'portable'.
Just so it's clear...I have no favourites with insurance cover but so far Youi have had great service and better cover than the others although they are a bit dearer.
As gfar as what happens when a claim is made....I have no idea...I've never made one :occasion14:
MY15 SX Spacecab,white,auto,alloys,ARB deluxe steel bar,Ironman 9500lb winch,O'Brien 2200mm alloy tray,1800mm trundle draw,Tinted,Mortels Genuine sheepskin seat covers,ARB Side Steps, Rails,Rear Diff Lock & Full Underbody Protection,AVM HP hubs,Safari Snorkel

Offline Jackofjr

• LS-T Member
« Reply #17 on: Feb 22, 2016, 01:53:16 PM »
I probably should do that , I have just bought some new fishing gear , took your pm  advice from the other place .

It's really the remote recovery that interests me with Club 4x4.

Offline jeeves01

• LS-T Member
« Reply #18 on: Feb 23, 2016, 08:12:04 AM »
Jacko...I'm booking the boat in for everything this week to be done next week. Did you get my last PM?
Glad to see you have some new fishing gear. Malacoota is looking good :occasion14:
Read the Isuzu roadside assist cover and see what they really do cover. Then see what the insurance mobs offer..the better covers DO offer quite a few benefits. Put them both together and see what you come up with. Could save you many hundreds of dollars. That should be enough to buy a few more CVs. :laughing7:
MY15 SX Spacecab,white,auto,alloys,ARB deluxe steel bar,Ironman 9500lb winch,O'Brien 2200mm alloy tray,1800mm trundle draw,Tinted,Mortels Genuine sheepskin seat covers,ARB Side Steps, Rails,Rear Diff Lock & Full Underbody Protection,AVM HP hubs,Safari Snorkel

Offline macka17

• LS-T Member
« Reply #19 on: Mar 15, 2016, 11:01:58 PM »
Don't know about last 5 yrs or so.
But when we cruised
99% of them. covered up to 200/300/500km's from Metro Centres.

Any costs IE Pick ups and towing/carrying OUTSIDE those radii.
wer up to you.
With Exception of Nissan.

Their car and Roadside Assist for period of. was ALL over Australia.
I checked all of them first.
No matter where you broke your car. they got you back to nearest NISSAN agents.
After first 3 yrs I didn't worry. Car is Bulletproof.
Still is after 14 1/2 yrs.

Check on the radii of all company's from metro centres Before you commit.
In those days the breakdown truck wanted a grand cash in his hand. b4 coupling you up. then so much a km.
 and they charged both ways.. 450 kliks out, you paid 900kliks.

Offline DMaximus

• XRunner Member
« Reply #20 on: Jun 02, 2016, 01:05:09 PM »
Hi i was wondering what is the best 4x4 breakdown service. IUA has it's own but been told it's crap.
I was looking at RACQ Ultimate care (qld) to cover my Dmax on a trip out west in jun/july.
Does anyone know of a good company that will cover your vehicle for these trips !

It's only for this trip mainly.

Cheers
Dave

Hey Dave,

Who did you end up going with for insurance for your big trip? That's soon?

Cheers

Offline PUMAPANTS

• LS-M Member
  • Car Type: MUX
« Reply #21 on: Jun 02, 2016, 01:30:45 PM »
Keep away from youi, budget and those low premium providers...........you get what you pay for!

Offline konazz

• LS-U Member
« Reply #22 on: Jun 02, 2016, 05:54:52 PM »
I went through affinity brokers who offer 4wd insurance via CGU. Quotes came out less than online quotes from the majors. Mine included agreed value, windscreen and $3k camping, $500 personal affects.

When I sunk my Xtrail, they paid out within 48h of the claim being approved. They wrote off a $30,750 Xtrail at agreed value (3.5 years) and will insure all mods. Had some issues with CGU and repairer dragging their feet but once I got affinity involved, had a decision in 18 hours. Ended up insuring the MUX with all additions with them again as wel as our Corolla.
White LS-U: OEM Nudge Bar, 23" Lightbar, GME TX3350, Tradesman Rack, 16" DMAX Rims A/T tyres, 1" TJM lift kit, OEM towbar, Canvas seat covers, Drifta drawers and fridge slide, Engel Eclipse, Redarc BC-DC 1220, Optima D34, Baintech monitor

Offline jeeves01

• LS-T Member
« Reply #23 on: Jun 03, 2016, 07:57:30 AM »
Not sure why you think Youi are a budget mob. They are more the upper end. Anyway..facts need to be supplied to say that Budget Direct etc are no good...sometimes you don't get what you pay too much for...my mate WAS with NRMA...nothing but trouble......I'm with Youi..I have had no claim but they certainly have the best cover I could find including $5000 of ANY gear with my slide on camper. The only way you will know if the mob is any good is when you claim..just saying a mob is no good because they don't charge ENOUGH is wrong. There are many companies that weed out who they think are higher risk customers and therefore can charge less.

Offline PUMAPANTS

• LS-M Member
« Reply #24 on: Jun 03, 2016, 11:42:16 AM »
jeeves01

fair comment. If you're insured with the insurers I had mentioned that's fine, let us know how they handle your claim if you  ever have one. The one thing I have learnt with insurers is that when you do have a claim all you want to know is that your covered as comprehensively as possible, your not going to be asking your insurer how much you paid, you just want to know if your covered, that's the most important thing. 

konazz

CGU is a reputable insurer. all claims will have some paper work, you will have to be involved throughout the process but IF you have a broker the majority of the work is done on your behalf. One of the down falls of insuring directly with youi, budget etc.  is that your on your own at claim time. if anyone has ever experienced this personally its a stressful time.

Offline Mikebloke

• LS-U Member
« Reply #25 on: Jun 05, 2016, 02:14:27 AM »
I have to say, give Suncorp a try. They have always been direct, professional no bull, and exceptional service. Cover me anywhere in Australia, all 4wd accessories covered, and well priced.

Made a claim once, ( no broker) and after the simplest phone questionnaire, they dealt with everything. Pick up, repair, payment.

Tried youi for a quote once, awful pushy high pressure patronising pr&@k tried to bully me into signing. Kept calling back and eventually was very rude and hung up on me. Never again. Their price was only $20 a year less than Suncorp too.

Just my experience.

Mike

Offline PUMAPANTS

• LS-M Member
« Reply #26 on: Jun 06, 2016, 04:29:33 PM »
I've heard of people changing their name to scummycorp (obviously bad claims experience)

Offline jeeves01

• LS-T Member
« Reply #27 on: Jun 13, 2016, 08:26:58 PM »
I can tell you for a fact that years ago, I think it was when the floods went through Grantham or something like that name, Suncorp paid every claim and it was the rest that tried to screw people as best they could.

Offline PUMAPANTS

• LS-M Member
« Reply #28 on: Jun 14, 2016, 10:19:22 AM »
I can tell you for a fact that years ago, I think it was when the floods went through Grantham or something like that name, Suncorp paid every claim and it was the rest that tried to screw people as best they could.

Which is why it is the responsibility of the policy holder to make sure that the policy they are buying (not based on price alone) suits their needs i.e. if you live near a river then you want a policy which covers Flood, plain and simple. I know of other policies which also paid out in the mentioned situation and yes Suncorp shined in al its glory and got great publicity through the devastation that followed the floods. A sad day for all in......

Offline konazz

• LS-U Member
« Reply #29 on: Jun 14, 2016, 06:38:25 PM »
jeeves01

konazz

CGU is a reputable insurer. all claims will have some paper work, you will have to be involved throughout the process but IF you have a broker the majority of the work is done on your behalf. One of the down falls of insuring directly with youi, budget etc.  is that your on your own at claim time. if anyone has ever experienced this personally its a stressful time.

Yeah. CGU claims were happy... but the IAG assessor and smash repairer were stuffing me massively around - couldn't make a decision for 2.5 weeks (1 didn't have the authority to go that high, the 2nd went on leave while a secondary quote was being made up, and the 3rd one kept wanting more and more info). Funds were in my account 36 hours after the 3rd assessor looking at it finally made a decision
White LS-U: OEM Nudge Bar, 23" Lightbar, GME TX3350, Tradesman Rack, 16" DMAX Rims A/T tyres, 1" TJM lift kit, OEM towbar, Canvas seat covers, Drifta drawers and fridge slide, Engel Eclipse, Redarc BC-DC 1220, Optima D34, Baintech monitor

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal