Please support your Forums and purchase some Merchandise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News: Our OzIsuzu Forums Merchandise  help keep our forum going! :icon_thumleft:

Please register to join the community and see all of the OzIsuzu Forums
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal

Author Topic: insurance  (Read 9222 times)

dlncooke

insurance
« on: Feb 05, 2016, 08:47:48 AM »
Hi i was wondering what is the best 4x4 breakdown service. IUA has it's own but been told it's crap.
I was looking at RACQ Ultimate care (qld) to cover my Dmax on a trip out west in jun/july.
Does anyone know of a good company that will cover your vehicle for these trips !

It's only for this trip mainly.

Cheers
Dave

Offline rudagath

• SX Member
  • Car Type: MUX
Re: insurance
« Reply #1 on: Feb 05, 2016, 10:08:39 PM »
Who told you it was crap ?

Used them the other day and they were awesome

Offline xsm

« Reply #2 on: Feb 05, 2016, 10:12:20 PM »
It is actually quite a generous scheme.  The big minus is that you're on your own if you need help anywhere that a 2WD can't get to.

Cheers
Martin

DmaxDave

« Reply #3 on: Feb 05, 2016, 10:30:03 PM »
Thought the Isuzu roadside assistance was contracted to the relevant state's automotive club.

Dave

Offline xsm

« Reply #4 on: Feb 05, 2016, 11:11:12 PM »
The service bloke or blokess will be from the relevant state's automotive club but the additional benefits for towing, vehicle recovery, accomodation, hire car, medical repatriation support etc which differ between the state clubs are Isuzu Roadside Assistance specific.

Cheers
Martin

Offline Bob D

• LS-M Member
  • Car Type: DMAX
« Reply #5 on: Feb 06, 2016, 07:50:51 AM »
I have had NRMA roadside service (NSW) for 30 years plus and when we travelled around Oz in the latter half of 2014 blew a gearbox up outside of Roma and then camper van suspension welds broke just south of the Jardine River coming back from the Cape.  NRMA liaised with RACQ on both occasions and we had absolutely no problems getting `roadside' service from RACQ.  The camper trailer problem required a tow vehicle (all up tow) coming from Weipa and taking the camper trailer back to Weipa for repairs.  We were very impressed with the level of service we received.  We'll stick with the mainstream automotive roadside services.  And we really enjoyed our 11 day stay at Weipa too.

Bob D 

Offline jeeves01

• LS-T Member
« Reply #6 on: Feb 21, 2016, 09:01:34 AM »
As far as I am aware, in reality, Isuzu roadside assist IS the mainstream guys. They do exactly what NRMA, RACQ do and each do the others work depending on where you get stuck.
MY15 SX Spacecab,white,auto,alloys,ARB deluxe steel bar,Ironman 9500lb winch,O'Brien 2200mm alloy tray,1800mm trundle draw,Tinted,Mortels Genuine sheepskin seat covers,ARB Side Steps, Rails,Rear Diff Lock & Full Underbody Protection,AVM HP hubs,Safari Snorkel

Offline Taza

• XRunner Member
« Reply #7 on: Feb 21, 2016, 03:47:26 PM »
Ive been told by RACQ as im an ultimate member they deduct the standard membership off the renewal so instead of 250ish they take 90 off it and bill it back to isuzu

Taza
2015 MU-X LST Outback bronze | Rear Bumper Garnish | Stainless Steel Scuff Plates | TJM T13 Colour Coded Bullbar | TJM Airtek Snorkel | 3" Turbo Back Exhaust with Hi-Flow Cat | ECU Re-map | Ceramic Pro 9H Paint Protection | Windows Tinted

Offline jeeves01

• LS-T Member
« Reply #8 on: Feb 21, 2016, 04:05:29 PM »
So what do you get for the $160 extra they charge over what would apply from Isuzu? Between Isuzu and my insurance policy from Youi it appears to me I am well and truly covered and I just can't see any value in spending more to get the same cover I already appear to have.
MY15 SX Spacecab,white,auto,alloys,ARB deluxe steel bar,Ironman 9500lb winch,O'Brien 2200mm alloy tray,1800mm trundle draw,Tinted,Mortels Genuine sheepskin seat covers,ARB Side Steps, Rails,Rear Diff Lock & Full Underbody Protection,AVM HP hubs,Safari Snorkel

Offline Taza

• XRunner Member
« Reply #9 on: Feb 21, 2016, 04:19:07 PM »
Hey this is the ultimate deal plus covered in any car i drive plus a nominated vehicle

RACQ Ultimate provides the ultimate in assistance for you, your caravan/trailer  and other drivers of your nominated vehicle including:
24 hour roadside assistance attendance up to 200km.Free towing up to 100km in any direction, or 200km to the attending contractor’s premises or intermediate location en route.Fuel if you accidentally run out up to $100 pa.Free windscreen chip or crack repair up to $80 pa.Taxi fare after towing up to $150 pa.Rental vehicle after towing up to 3 days up to $330 pa.Emergency locksmith assistance up to $300 pa.Assistance for your caravan and trailer.The choice of either accommodation, vehicle recovery, caravan/trailer recovery, car hire or alternative transport for you and your passengers if you breakdown more than 100km from home and RACQ estimates repairs will take longer than 24 hours. 
2015 MU-X LST Outback bronze | Rear Bumper Garnish | Stainless Steel Scuff Plates | TJM T13 Colour Coded Bullbar | TJM Airtek Snorkel | 3" Turbo Back Exhaust with Hi-Flow Cat | ECU Re-map | Ceramic Pro 9H Paint Protection | Windows Tinted

Offline jeeves01

• LS-T Member
« Reply #10 on: Feb 21, 2016, 04:59:40 PM »
Sounds good. I get a few of those things in my Youi policy but not all. No windscreen repairs I don't think but a fair bit of the rest of what you describe. Anyway...better safe than sorry I guess.

Offline Taza

• XRunner Member
« Reply #11 on: Feb 21, 2016, 05:06:10 PM »
Yea exactly i like the free tow 100kms in any directions or 200kms to service centre and the $150 taxi fare

Taza

Offline Jackofjr

• LS-T Member
« Reply #12 on: Feb 21, 2016, 05:36:15 PM »
I have RACV Total Care , I have used it 3 times over the years , first time was in WA when the Crown Wheel Bearing collapsed on my BMW Motorbike , I got 4 nights accomodation and 4 days car hire , I got the parts expressed posted from Melbourne and fixed the diff myself .

Second time was again in WA , we buggered a alternator between Derby and Broome in my Hilux , luckily I had a spare battery and got to Broome , again I got 3 days car hire and accomodation , while the Lux was in the shop , third time was the same trip in Darwin problem with the front brakes , 4 day accomodation and car hire .

Total Care is only good for break down , if its impact damage  they don't want to know you also you must be on a road that a normal 2wd vehicle can travel , no 4x4 tracks , beach ect .

Just last week I contacted Glub 4x4 insurance , they offered me a very competitive price on my Dmax a much better agreed value than my current insurer , including all my accessories and I don't have to list them , just a total $$ amount , their policy includes $1500 for remote recovery , I can increase that to $15000 for a extra $140 ,

They are not competitive on my Tvan , but asked me to email a copy of my current policy , which I have done , they will get back to me this week ,

I know another bloke with a Tvan did the same , they matched the price .

Worth checking them out , I was offered a extra $6k agreed value for my Dmax ,for a extra  $50 extra premium

Offline Bigkenny

• LS-U Member
« Reply #13 on: Feb 21, 2016, 05:57:31 PM »
Like Jackofjr I switched to Club 4x4 for the M-ux, agreed value 65k ( including accessories )for same premium as Allianz for market value, plus you don't have to list all Accessories.
2014 Black Mux Lst,TJM Bullbar & snorkel, Kalahari awning, Ctek dual battery system, 7" 70watt Led flood lights, tradesman alloy rack, Suspension upgrade by Ultimate Suspension.

Offline jeeves01

• LS-T Member
« Reply #14 on: Feb 22, 2016, 08:51:28 AM »
I also got a quote from Club 4x4...they were worse than NRMA...120% dearer than my Youi policy which has new for old in the first 2 years, lots of other stuff, blanket $8,500 for accessories ( not enough, but that's it) they also know about the GVM upgrade ( some won't insure with this) and they would insure me with a slide on camper and some/most won't. Budget Direct was by far the cheapest but wouldn't cover me when the slide on was on.
My Youi policy cost $529...their first offer was over $700 and I just said 'no,too dear' and they dropped it.
Budget Direct was around $400.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal