Please support your Forums and purchase some Merchandise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News: Our OzIsuzu Forums Merchandise  help keep our forum going! :icon_thumleft:

Please register to join the community and see all of the OzIsuzu Forums
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal

Author Topic: The Spirit of Christmas.....  (Read 3567 times)

Offline Nomes

• LS-M Member
  • Car Type: DMAX
The Spirit of Christmas.....
« on: Dec 18, 2015, 08:20:41 PM »
Before you guys go jumping up and down, let it be known that I am an Atheist, but, I believe that at this time of the year everyone makes an effort to make it special.  A bit like,  make up for the little wrongs through the year. I believe in the spirit of Christmas.  (Sorry, I didn't mean to kill that thread.)

So, what are you all doing for Christmas?

I'll start it off.  This year I am picking up my daughter, her partner and grandma's precious Benjamin in the DMax, (car seat already fitted in the DMax) and we will gourmet picnic (as gourmet as I can make it) and I will drive 30klms of dirt road to a rock pool for lunch and a swim up in the Blue Mountains.

Later, back home to hitch up my caravan and then drive down to Bowral to have dinner with my oldest friend.  On Boxing day I will drive 3 hours down to the south coast for a week to spend time with old friends  and I will camp on their 5 acre property while they camp in The Palace, a very large green shed  with all the mod cons, positioned by a river  in the  hinterland and  just 10klms cross country from the beach.  I won't mention the great seafood!

Perfect.

Last year I took my daughter and her partner to the Palce for Christmas, they spent 5 days inside a 3 man tent playing with their phones. Didn't have the DMax then.

At least on a dirt road it will be too hard for them to look at their phones.

I can hear it now, Mum!  Do you have to make so much dust?  I know one little fellow who will be laughing, can't wait until he is old enough to come in the front! Such adventures we will have.

Merry Christmas to you all and thanks for all the great posts because you gave me the confidence to hitch the van to the Dmax and head out on the road for a wonderful solo 5k trip and the confidence to know that I made the right choice buying a DMax, all I needed to do was to keep the tank filled up and make sure I drove within in my lane. (Plus the daily morning checks.)

Take care. especially at this time of year because there are more idiots than usual out on our roads.

Cheers and best wishes,  :occasion14:
Naomi

"Live better, help often and wonder more."

DmaxDave

Re: The Spirit of Christmas...
« Reply #1 on: Dec 18, 2015, 08:35:26 PM »
Happy Christmas to you Naomi.  Sounds like you have a wonderful time planned with family and friends.  Have fun.

Dave

Offline xsm

Re: The Spirit of Christmas.....
« Reply #2 on: Dec 18, 2015, 11:17:50 PM »
Cheers Naomi, I hope you enjoy the break.

It was nice meeting you in Nyngan (and Wilcannia) earlier this year. Safe travels.

Martin.

Offline Billy

• LS-T Member
  • Car Type: MUX
« Reply #3 on: Dec 19, 2015, 06:33:07 AM »
Merry Christmas Naomi,
That sounds like an excellent plan, I think I know that same spot in the Blue Mountains, spent a lot of time out there on my mountain bike and stumbled across some magic and quite hidden little pools. This year, we have no holiday's booked, Christmas day at my place for 20+ people then a few impromptu trips in the MU-X as well as try and get out on the boat and catch some fish for the holidays.
Cheers and stay safe everyone,
Bill.

Offline jeeves01

• LS-T Member
« Reply #4 on: Dec 19, 2015, 10:27:14 AM »
Everyone just be careful on the road. It's always a really bad time. I'm not doing anything. Next year should be a good one for me on the driving/touring front and I'm looking forward to it. Merry Xmas :occasion14:
MY15 SX Spacecab,white,auto,alloys,ARB deluxe steel bar,Ironman 9500lb winch,O'Brien 2200mm alloy tray,1800mm trundle draw,Tinted,Mortels Genuine sheepskin seat covers,ARB Side Steps, Rails,Rear Diff Lock & Full Underbody Protection,AVM HP hubs,Safari Snorkel

Offline knoath

« Reply #5 on: Dec 19, 2015, 10:52:37 AM »
Sounds great Naomi!
We are off to the Buckland Valley for a week, free camping by the Buckland River in a great little, well shaded spot on the river bend, we need to cross the river to get in.
There will be 5 families if they can all get there, cousins for the 2 boys to hang out with, swimming mostly.
We'll take the camper trailer (QS inner spring mattress for the missus) and the oldest (13) just has to sleep in his swag which I think is great, and the 10yo is getting a king single Darche swag and stretcher from Santa (which just happens to be the right size for me! Coincidence....?)
Not far from Bright if we need any gas refills or supplies, it's the perfect spot, no crowds!

Have a Merry Christmas everyone and stay safe!
"Bite off more than you can chew, then chew like hell!" Peter Brock

Offline DannyG

• Administrator
  • XRunner Member
    • DannyG.com
« Reply #6 on: Dec 19, 2015, 08:51:02 PM »
Well seeing as you asked..... we are off to our usual camp for Xmas and then we are doing the three capes walk over a few days there we are off to possibly another camp for nye  :)

Only three and half more days to work though!
"People will forget what you said, they will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel"

Offline ryjoe

• LS-U Member
  • Car Type: MUX
  • Owner of www.onlinecameraed.com
    • Online Camera Ed
« Reply #7 on: Dec 19, 2015, 11:25:44 PM »
Hi Naomi.  Your Christmas looks pretty good so I hope you have a great time.

We are home for Christmas and from now to Boxing Day we have a lot of family get togethers so that will be really good.  On Christmas Day we get to spend a fair bit of time with our two sons and their wives and our grandchildren and we absolutely love that.  We all exchange gifts, eat and drink too much, have a few swims in our pool and a game of backyard cricket usually happens also.  Just plenty of good fun and I feel pretty lucky each year to experience this.

I try and squeeze in a few night shifts volunteering on the city soup kitchen or similar a few times each year as when I was an ambo I saw first hand the great work these groups do so I figure it doesn't hurt me to help out a bit also. I always try and do that during the festive season.

For 2016 we hit the road again with our MUX and caravan in late January into Northern NSW for some fishing and then out to the South Burnett area in QLD and then we will mosey off to Cairns for a while and then work our way back towards home for a little while.
Wishing everyone a great Christmas and all the best for 2016.
Stay Safe.
Cheers
Brian

Offline Nomes

• LS-M Member
« Reply #8 on: Dec 20, 2015, 12:48:12 PM »
Nice meeting you and your good wife too Martin.  I hope you both enjoyed your holiday!

Sounds like we are all having a great Christmas,  Merry Christmas to all and thanks for your good wishes!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal