General Boards > Off Topic

DIY Build Thread

<< < (2/3) > >>

DannyG:

--- Quote from: Parko96 on Dec 14, 2015, 12:44:00 PM ---Dam Danny, I just saw a used LST MUX with 10,000 on the clock, wanting a quick sale $34,000.

No good though it's Outback Bronze so won't match the camper.
Ahhh well maybe next time.

--- End quote ---

That's cheap, shame about the colour!

The fridge slides in and out with room to spare, it uses a lower slide and has a cover now.
 It weighed 980kg when it was first registered but that was with the big tent and heavy steel kitchen.
I'm not sure what it weighs now but it has a gross of 1.6t so plenty of scope for beer etc.

Billy:

--- Quote from: DannyG on Dec 14, 2015, 12:36:04 PM ---Thanks Billy I can only speak for rules and regulations in Tassie but all trailers, campers and caravans etc are governed by the same national regulations in regards the vsb1 document.
But basically once it's built to comply with the vsb1 rules you get it inspected and then simply rego it. The inspection people issue the vin and compliance plates.
Insurance was the same as anything else we insured except the manufacturer is me instead of a known brand.
Yes it's all 100% home built.

--- End quote ---

I would say that the rules are similar in NSW, I have a few questions actually, did you need to get an engineering certificate? Insurance companies also have things in their PDS along the lines of 'home-built' etc etc. Some don't care and only say 'faulty workmanship' is not covered, home-built or otherwise, this makes more sense. When I built my boat and it came time to insure, some companies flat out said that they do not insure home built boats, my boat was engineered and structurally, over built. Insurance companies sometimes have no idea, they will glady insure an unsafe, clapped out glass boat circa 1970 just because it has a brand name (more than likely gone broke years ago) but not a contemporary, safe design made with the latest techniques and materials because it was built in someones garage.

DannyG:
No engineering certificates required for trailers, caravans etc which is why you see so many dodgy campers around ;)
I agree in regards to the insurance companies, ours is a reasonable one.

All the heavy steal slides and boxes are no longer used, they have all been replaced with lighter items.

Billy:
yeah cool - except for the running gear which will be steel, I was hoping to build the whole thing out of structural grade aluminium.

rark:
For a minute there I thought Tapatalk had me in the MySwag forum. Good write up and great looking camper.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version