General Boards > Off Topic

Tent carrying

<< < (2/3) > >>

DannyG:
My initial thoughts are that it is a bit expensive but having gone to the site and looked at the racks I think they are probably on the money.

You could do it a bit cheaper of course but perhaps the quality won't be there. I think most canopies these days have the internal frame dont they?

It would be nicer if they utilised the rail in the cars roof as well for that extra load sharing support and not just on a fibreglass or plastic canopy.

DMaximus:

--- Quote from: DannyG on Dec 09, 2015, 10:36:57 AM ---It would be nicer if they utilised the rail in the cars roof as well for that extra load sharing support and not just on a fibreglass or plastic canopy.

--- End quote ---

Not sure about that.

My understanding is that there's movement between the cabin and tub. Securing to both might break or bend something.

I could be wrong... it does happen  ;)

DannyG:

--- Quote from: DMaximus on Dec 09, 2015, 11:33:12 AM ---
--- Quote from: DannyG on Dec 09, 2015, 10:36:57 AM ---It would be nicer if they utilised the rail in the cars roof as well for that extra load sharing support and not just on a fibreglass or plastic canopy.

--- End quote ---

Not sure about that.

My understanding is that there's movement between the cabin and tub. Securing to both might break or bend something.

--- End quote ---

Yes I would say you are correct.

Parko96:

--- Quote from: DMaximus on Dec 09, 2015, 11:33:12 AM ---

--- End quote ---

Not sure about that.

--- End quote ---

You are correct DMaximus.

Parko96:

--- Quote from: DannyG on Dec 09, 2015, 10:36:57 AM ---My initial thoughts are that it is a bit expensive but having gone to the site and looked at the racks I think they are probably on the money.

You could do it a bit cheaper of course but perhaps the quality won't be there. I think most canopies these days have the internal frame dont they?

It would be nicer if they utilised the rail in the cars roof as well for that extra load sharing support and not just on a fibreglass or plastic canopy.

--- End quote ---

I have one of their flat steel racks on my MUX.
I can't fault it. Well worth the coin.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version