General Boards > Off Topic

Free fire-proof suit with every new Everest ??.

<< < (2/7) > >>

ryjoe:
Howdy Guys,

Not what Ford would be wanting in a new model.

Fuel or electrics you would think but whatever the cause it certainly cooked it from  one end to the other. 

Ford will have their work cut out for themselves in determining the exact cause when it is burnt so badly.

Over my 25 years as a paramedic I attended a large number of road traffic crashes and burning vehicle fires are really difficult for the firies to put out with a number of vehicles giving off toxic gases as they burn.  Plus you have the ever present problem of components wanting to blow up such as fuel tanks batteries etc and also the issue of airbag deployments to mention just a few of the hazards encountered.

Makes vehicle wrecks a really dangerous place to work. I sure do not miss those days now.

Even really experienced fire investigators have dramas at times determining the cause of a vehicle fire as there can be so much damage.

Big drama for Ford I think, especially since it happened while a journalist was test driving it.  I doubt he will not want to follow up on what Ford determine the cause to be.

Will be an interesting story to follow.

Cheers
Brian

My Names Earl:
The Ford Erupt might be the modern day version of the Ford Pinto from the 70's,  which was better known as the Ford Explorer. 

knoath:
 Does it come in "Burnt Orange"?

;D :bootyshake:

knoath:
Meanwhile, at Ford's Engineering base in Melbourne...

knoath:
Fire sale at Ford...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version