Please support your Forums and purchase some Merchandise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News: OzIsuzu Forums... your friendly :hello: place to chat about all things Isuzu.

Please register to join the community and see all of the OzIsuzu Forums
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal

Author Topic: Guests  (Read 3242 times)

Offline bill85

• SX Member
  • Car Type: DMAX
Guests
« on: Mar 12, 2018, 01:02:50 PM »
Afternoon campers. Will try thispage and if no luck I will try D-Max.  Reading through old posts, FWH started by Jimbo back 5/3/15. a Guest DLNCooke had replied showing AVM hubs he had fitted.What caught my eye was the fantastic fit he had made,cutting out a very neat hole into the existing wheel trim.I am about to fit a pair of free wheel hubs and I would like to contact Dave LNCooke to ask him how he cut the hole in the wheel trim.Do any members know our mystery guest.Kind regards to everyone.Bill

Offline mydmax2

Re: Guests
« Reply #1 on: Mar 12, 2018, 05:11:38 PM »
Bill.
I remember the thread and seem to recall he used an appropriate sized hole saw after first drilling a centre hole to keep it on centre. Unfortunately, most hole saw cups don’t run concentric very well and so some degree of checking the unit for accuracy is best.
I fitted Aisling hubs to my 2011 back in 2011 and didn’t bother to cut any holes in the caps even though I have 8 of them. I just leave them off on front and back.

Offline DannyG

• Administrator
  • XRunner Member
    • DannyG.com
« Reply #2 on: Mar 13, 2018, 08:41:42 AM »
Afternoon campers. Will try thispage and if no luck I will try D-Max.  Reading through old posts, FWH started by Jimbo back 5/3/15. a Guest DLNCooke had replied showing AVM hubs he had fitted.What caught my eye was the fantastic fit he had made,cutting out a very neat hole into the existing wheel trim.I am about to fit a pair of free wheel hubs and I would like to contact Dave LNCooke to ask him how he cut the hole in the wheel trim.Do any members know our mystery guest.Kind regards to everyone.Bill

Bill I used a hole saw the correct size to fit mine.

DLNCooke is a past member who unfortunately chose to leave the forum, that is why his name appears as a guest now so I am unsure how you could contact him. He may read this and contact you.
"People will forget what you said, they will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel"

Offline bill85

• SX Member
« Reply #3 on: Mar 13, 2018, 10:53:36 AM »
Morning campers. Many thanks to MyDMax2 and DannyG for your replies.I was thinking of a hole saw.Again many thanks.Regards Bill

Offline sdouglas

• XRunner Member
  • Car Type: MUX
  • 2016 MUX LS U . TJM bar, HR towbar, TOYO AT2’s
« Reply #4 on: Mar 13, 2018, 12:59:26 PM »
Hey Bill85, you’ve probably used a hole saw a thousand times but I have three tips for you. Paper tape helps stop scratches. A pilot hole dead center works well. A brand new hole saw can bite in quickly. So maybe a well used one which isn’t as sharp might be easier to handle.
Cheers Shane
Don’t worry about things you can’t change!

Offline bill85

• SX Member
« Reply #5 on: Mar 13, 2018, 02:26:22 PM »
Afternoon camper.Many thanks sdouglas you must have read my thoughts.All of my big hole saws are for wood so I can see I will have to get a steel one with finer teeth.again many thanks.bill

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal