Please support your Forums and purchase some Merchandise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News: Read Off-road destination Tips :cup: in Trips Old and Planning!

Please register to join the community and see all of the OzIsuzu Forums
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal

Author Topic: Thieving mongrels  (Read 4276 times)

Offline Stevo

• LS-M Member
  • Car Type: MUX
Thieving mongrels
« on: Aug 09, 2017, 09:18:23 PM »
Parked the MU-X in the local bowls club car park today and after an enjoyable day on the green returned to find some little *^#** has jemmied the front passenger window and smashed it and cleaned out the car contents. Damaged the door glass belt strip and trim also.
Took my new tyre pressure monitor which is of no use without the sensors, an old GPS that probably doesn't even work any more, all my old time music usb sticks that I am sure he won't want, a few spare keys for some various padlocks etc etc. About the only thing of any use to the little *^#* is about 20 bucks in gold coins. Garage door opener and personal papers with my address on them were also taken so after a panic attack over that I found I could easily reprogram my other door openers and wipe the stolen one.
So off to chase up some glass tomorrow, which then needs window tint fitted and the door rubber strip. Reckon i'll be out of pocket probably over a grand for his 20 bucks profit. Wish I could get my hands on him in a nice dark alley.
Not happy Jan.

Offline Taza

• XRunner Member
Re: Thieving mongrels
« Reply #1 on: Aug 09, 2017, 09:22:37 PM »
Ohh mate sorry to hear. Check for a wrecked mux maybe able to source some parts. I know brizzy had 2 wrecks.

Taza

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

2015 MU-X LST Outback bronze | Rear Bumper Garnish | Stainless Steel Scuff Plates | TJM T13 Colour Coded Bullbar | TJM Airtek Snorkel | 3" Turbo Back Exhaust with Hi-Flow Cat | ECU Re-map | Ceramic Pro 9H Paint Protection | Windows Tinted

Offline xsm

« Reply #2 on: Aug 09, 2017, 09:23:36 PM »
Very sorry Stevo. I can imagine how angry you must be feeling right now. I hope you can easily get everything fixed up and that the cost comes in under your estimate.

Cheers
Martin

Offline knoath

« Reply #3 on: Aug 10, 2017, 06:33:26 AM »
Sh!t Stevo... sorry to hear that.
Good luck, hope you get a good outcome.
"Bite off more than you can chew, then chew like hell!" Peter Brock

Offline BMux

• XRunner Member
« Reply #4 on: Aug 10, 2017, 06:36:38 AM »
Sorry to hear that Stevo, that sucks big time! Good luck getting it all sorted.
MU-X LS-T MY15 | Bonnet Protector | Isuzu Snorkel | Isuzu Tow Bar | ARB Deluxe Combo Bar | Geolander A/T G015 255/65R17 | "Be the change you want to see."

Offline Taza

• XRunner Member
2015 MU-X LST Outback bronze | Rear Bumper Garnish | Stainless Steel Scuff Plates | TJM T13 Colour Coded Bullbar | TJM Airtek Snorkel | 3" Turbo Back Exhaust with Hi-Flow Cat | ECU Re-map | Ceramic Pro 9H Paint Protection | Windows Tinted

Offline Stevo

• LS-M Member
« Reply #6 on: Aug 12, 2017, 10:39:20 PM »
Getting the damage to the car and the missing stuff sorted out.
a replacement window glass and tint cost $410 so not too bad. The window weather strip I get Monday from Isuzu and it will be about $30. My tyre pressure monitor I was able to get the head unit, charger etc for $200 and I have the codes for programming my tyre sensors to it.
Unfortunately I realised all my spare caravan keys were in the glove box. Left there after the last trip unfortunately so I had to get then all recut. I've added a couple of extra security precautions in case the thief tries to arrive and use the keys. Still have to get USB sticks and recopy all my good old time music and get down to Jaycar for a couple of leads for my GPS etc.
Also found all my operation manuals for the UHF, tyre monitor, electric van brakes and Bluetooth radio setup were taken. Having to find them and download and get copies is a pain in the bum to put it mildly.
Looks like I'll probably be about $800 to $900 out of pocket by the time I finish.
Still not happy but what can you do. This is the society we live in these days.
cheers
Stevo

Offline Carlin1983

• LS-T Member
  • Car Type: DMAX
« Reply #7 on: Aug 13, 2017, 12:16:06 AM »
Would I assume been no luck tracking down the scum
2010 D-max LS Hi-Ride - HPD Catch can - EGR Bypass - Donaldson Prefilter - Dobinson Shocks - OME Leaf Springs - Engine Data Scan - Greasable Shackles and Pins.

Offline Stevo51

• LS-U Member
« Reply #8 on: Aug 13, 2017, 10:00:11 AM »
Damn Stevo where did this happen. Would like to see the little shitz.
Steve.
2017 LSU , TWIN CAB , CVS CANOPY,  REV CAMERA, UNIDEN RADIO, IMS BAR, 20inch LIGHT BAR,KINGS DRAWERS AND SIDES BOXED IN, HAVE JUST HAD GVM UPGRADE WITH HELP FROM PAKENHAM ISUZU DONE BY PEDDERS PAKENHAM.

Offline Big Unit

• SX Member
  • LS-U
« Reply #9 on: Aug 21, 2017, 10:58:06 AM »
Does the bowling club have security cameras

Offline Stevo

• LS-M Member
« Reply #10 on: Aug 25, 2017, 10:01:07 PM »
Thanks all for your supportive replies.
Unfortunately the bowls club don't have security cameras in the car park. It is a rather dingy car park to say the least as there is an old sort of derelict building beside it that we are waiting for the council to demolish. Then maybe we can get a decent parking area made. One theory I had was that the Isuzu being a tallish car a person can be on the opposite side of it and you wouldn't see them.
Stevo51 I aren't really all that far from your location, just a bit further east.
Anyway the damaged parts are now replaced and just got to get around to doing some copies again of my good old time 60's and 70's music.

An interesting thing I did find was that the window trim was a lot cheaper than expected at only $30. I have always been a bit aggrieved at the Isuzu air and fuel filter pricing and with discussing the pricing with the dealer he commented that engine parts are expensive but other parts aren't. Strange to say the least. I have been thinking recently of actually buying non genuine filters as I throw them out at a pretty fast rate it seems.

Offline Stevo51

• LS-U Member
« Reply #11 on: Aug 26, 2017, 11:10:35 AM »
Up near the ambulance station huh? No that area well.i was in Apex Club years ago and we built that now  deralict building as a youth club hall.
Steve.
2017 LSU , TWIN CAB , CVS CANOPY,  REV CAMERA, UNIDEN RADIO, IMS BAR, 20inch LIGHT BAR,KINGS DRAWERS AND SIDES BOXED IN, HAVE JUST HAD GVM UPGRADE WITH HELP FROM PAKENHAM ISUZU DONE BY PEDDERS PAKENHAM.

Offline Stevo

• LS-M Member
« Reply #12 on: Aug 29, 2017, 10:22:31 PM »
Nah Stevo51. Not exactly that close to Cranny. I meant a lot further east.

cheers
Stevo

Offline Magilla

• LS-T Member
« Reply #13 on: Aug 30, 2017, 06:50:33 PM »
This accessory is not authorized by Isuzu but I am sure it would prove to be popular if it was.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldaT72ZakNI

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal