Please support your Forums and purchase some Merchandise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News: Read Off-road destination Tips :cup: in Trips Old and Planning!

Please register to join the community and see all of the OzIsuzu Forums
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal

Author Topic: Super centre generator  (Read 8530 times)

Offline Stevo51

• LS-U Member
  • Car Type: DMAX
Super centre generator
« on: Nov 04, 2016, 05:03:23 PM »
Hi all wondering if anyone here has one of these 2kva generators if they are any good as I'm tossing up weather I should get one for our trip next year. A Honda is about 3 times the price and may only need it a couple of times  over trip. I am gating a 160watt portable panel and have 2 x 100 amp batteries in van but if we need air con super centre may be ok..
Steve.
2017 LSU , TWIN CAB , CVS CANOPY,  REV CAMERA, UNIDEN RADIO, IMS BAR, 20inch LIGHT BAR,KINGS DRAWERS AND SIDES BOXED IN, HAVE JUST HAD GVM UPGRADE WITH HELP FROM PAKENHAM ISUZU DONE BY PEDDERS PAKENHAM.

Offline My Names Earl

• LS-M Member
  • Car Type: MUX
Re: Super centre generator
« Reply #1 on: Nov 04, 2016, 06:40:40 PM »
Don’t know anything about the 4WDsupacentre generator.

One thing to remember with these Chinese generators they are quoting Chinese watts, when you convert them to dinky die Australia watts it’s significantly less.  I have the Fuji generator (link below) for about 3 years, it’s rated at 2.5kVa continuous, but in reality, it can only just achieve 2.2kVa continuous.

Mines done just over 300 hours with no issues, got it on an ebay group deal for around $480.  Use it for weeklong camping trips, but mainly use it to charge up deep cycle batteries for fridge and deep cycle battery for electric motor on boat.  Lent it to friends in Rocky last year after the cyclone for a week.  Have been told by small motor mechanic to change oil regularly and to start it regularly (which I did today). Apparently, they have chrome bores and if they aren’t started regularly they can seize???

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NEW-FUJI-MICRO-2-7kVA-Max-2-5kVA-Rated-Generator-Inverter-Portable-Camping-/400560676299?hash=item5d4346ddcb
MU-X LS-U MY15 | Bonnet Protector | Isuzu Canvas Seat Covers | Rubber Floor Mats | Tow Bar | Head Light Protectors | MMC Black Single Hoop Deluxe Bull Bar | Runva 11XP Winch | Clark Rubber Rear Cargo Mat | what next

Offline thezoo

• LS-M Member
« Reply #2 on: Nov 04, 2016, 07:01:31 PM »
The power factor of your load will reduce the power (KW) available. Are you saying it only provides 2.2KVa or 2.2KW? There is a difference.

regards

Offline My Names Earl

• LS-M Member
« Reply #3 on: Nov 04, 2016, 07:20:27 PM »
Thanks Zoo, my bad.

Mine can only achieve 2.2KW continuous

Just watched the video for the King generator on the Supacentre web site.  And I quote “It will run a power hunger angle grinder”, a 4 inch angle grinder is only 750w and the microwave looked to be 800-900w. 

An easy way to test a small generator is to see if it can run a 2000w variable heat gun. Turn the heat gun to its lowest setting and then slowly turn it up. Need to be aware most of these smaller Chinese 2 to 3kVa generators can’t get a 2400w kettle to boil, mine included.
MU-X LS-U MY15 | Bonnet Protector | Isuzu Canvas Seat Covers | Rubber Floor Mats | Tow Bar | Head Light Protectors | MMC Black Single Hoop Deluxe Bull Bar | Runva 11XP Winch | Clark Rubber Rear Cargo Mat | what next

Offline Stevo51

• LS-U Member
« Reply #4 on: Nov 04, 2016, 08:24:36 PM »
We will only need it to get cool with air con in van I realise the start up is draining but will it run the air and maybe charge battery's if needed
Steve
2017 LSU , TWIN CAB , CVS CANOPY,  REV CAMERA, UNIDEN RADIO, IMS BAR, 20inch LIGHT BAR,KINGS DRAWERS AND SIDES BOXED IN, HAVE JUST HAD GVM UPGRADE WITH HELP FROM PAKENHAM ISUZU DONE BY PEDDERS PAKENHAM.

Offline Isuzumu

« Reply #5 on: Nov 05, 2016, 07:17:24 AM »
Even my 2kva Yamaha has trouble running the aircon in the van.

Offline Cruzeoverland

« Reply #6 on: Nov 19, 2016, 12:23:56 PM »
Try Mickyblu.com.au.  Brilliant 4kva that will run air conditioning. $1699 of the top of my head. 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Cruzeoverland

« Reply #7 on: Nov 19, 2016, 12:25:35 PM »
Sorry it's this ... http://www.mickeybluaustralia.com.au/

Offline wintrmute

• LS-T Member
  • MU-X LS-U
« Reply #8 on: Nov 22, 2016, 06:05:09 PM »
I've messed around with a few small petrol and diesel generators as part of putting on events in the bush.

The really cheap ones are generally pretty awful. They'll work a lot of the time, but they'll fail when you really, really wanted them to work, and they're louder and thirstier on petrol too.

If you can afford it, go the Hondas, and be careful you're getting a genuine one, not a Chinese rip-off with a Honda sticker on it. (Happens, google for discussion on AGR Machinery as an example of the bad guys)

Of the cheaper but kinda decent generators, Kipor are a good brand to get. I've heard some people say the Kulkyne yamaha clone is alright too.
2015 Mu-x LS-U Fjord blue; Geolander A/T-S; GME CB; Roof tray

Offline wintrmute

• LS-T Member
  • MU-X LS-U
« Reply #9 on: Nov 22, 2016, 06:11:58 PM »
PS. If you do want a dirt-cheap generator, then you can get them even cheaper than Supacentre -- the aforementioned AGR Machinery (:spit:) are now called Edisons, and while they have an utterly stinking reputation for warranties and returns, they do sell 2kva generators for pennies. And I'm 90% sure those generators are coming out of the same factories in China as the ones SupaCentre sell. (And Supercheap Auto and BCF and so on -- all those own-brand generators are close to the same, poor, quality)

Those MickeyBlu generators mentioned earlier -- pretty sure they're identical to the GenTraxs from Edisons/AGR/Myutopia and a lot of the other budget ones going around. Wouldn't recommend them myself.
2015 Mu-x LS-U Fjord blue; Geolander A/T-S; GME CB; Roof tray

Offline muddy mux

• LS-T Member
« Reply #10 on: Nov 22, 2016, 07:55:02 PM »
I've got a small 770 kipor generator from bunnings. Had it a few years now and has always been good. Just keep a spare spark plug on hand just in case.

Offline Wal

• XRunner Member
  • 2015 DMAX LS-U
« Reply #11 on: Nov 22, 2016, 10:28:43 PM »
Buy a well know  brand. Personally wouldn't buy anything but Yamaha or Honda
2015 DMAX LS-U Dual Cab Tour Mate l  Venitian Red l  EGR Canopy l  Nudge Bar l Korr Light Bar l Dual Battery l Tinted Windows l Reversing Sensors l Dr Air Compressor l HPD Catchcan l Digoptions Head Unit l Toughdog Shocks

Offline Cruzeoverland

« Reply #12 on: Nov 25, 2016, 07:46:49 PM »
Honda in series to run an ac is ridiculous expensive. My mickyblu. 4.8 Kva. Quieter than Honda. Great value. Love it.

Offline Stafkel

• LS-U Member
« Reply #13 on: Nov 25, 2016, 07:58:27 PM »
Totally agree Cruzeoverland mickyblu are a great generator, I got the 4.8 kva  no issues

Offline Q8160

• LS-T Member
« Reply #14 on: Mar 28, 2017, 09:32:45 PM »
Just moching around the forum for something to do and came across this thread...
I have a Stanley 3000w unit which is reasonable quite and runs everything in the van including the aircon.

But, if you are looking at generators the latest Hondas can be  piggy backed (coupled together) meaning 2 1000w generators can be coupled for 2 kVa..... not bad..

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal