Please support your Forums and purchase some Merchandise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News: Read Off-road destination Tips :cup: in Trips Old and Planning!

Please register to join the community and see all of the OzIsuzu Forums
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal

Author Topic: Forum Access No Longer Public  (Read 4524 times)

Offline DannyG

• Administrator
  • XRunner Member
    • DannyG.com
Forum Access No Longer Public
« on: Jun 26, 2016, 05:38:03 AM »
Just a quick note to let all the members know that we are no longer allowing access to the public unless they register.

There are pro's and con's with this system but we are now collecting a large database of information and at times it is being splashed around on Facebook pages etc where anyone can see it.

This is fine of course as it is a public forum and the whole idea is to collect information but I think its better that guests sign up if they want to read our information.

Guests can still see the topic titles etc but they have to sign in or register to actually read the content.

There was quite a bit of messing around to get this system to work on this forum as it is not a part of the forums standard software, so if you see any odd errors please let me know.  :icon_thumleft:

Thanks for supporting the forums.
"People will forget what you said, they will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel"

Offline AdamsMux

• SX Member
  • Car Type: MUX
Re: Forum Access No Longer Public
« Reply #1 on: Jun 26, 2016, 04:53:15 PM »
I am a Moderator on a international plumbing forum. We have a public section of the forum for lurkers and tyre kickers. And a private area which we allow entry once proper plumbing credentials are supplied, it works really well.

Offline DannyG

• Administrator
  • XRunner Member
    • DannyG.com
« Reply #2 on: Jun 26, 2016, 05:04:13 PM »
Thanks Adam. I agree. It is a work in progress at the moment. I think we need to allow access to some areas just to tease a little and try to encourage people to sign up and participate.

"People will forget what you said, they will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel"

Offline Miffa

• LS-M Member
  • Car Type: MUX
« Reply #3 on: Jun 27, 2016, 11:14:30 AM »
And when folks sign up, you should enforce the purchase of a stubby holder and sticker, so you guys get fair compensation for your efforts!!  ;)
MU-X LSU MY15 l Tow Bar w Tekonsha BC | Bonnet Protector | Rhino Rack w Quickmount legs

Offline DannyG

• Administrator
  • XRunner Member
    • DannyG.com
« Reply #4 on: Jun 27, 2016, 11:30:39 AM »
And when folks sign up, you should enforce the purchase of a stubby holder and sticker, so you guys get fair compensation for your efforts!!  ;)

haha I wish we could ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal